Law School Discussion

POST-MORTEM December '05 - Logical Reasoning

Re: POST-MORTEM December '05 - Logical Reasoning
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2005, 12:34:34 PM »
isnt it possible taht they just got a resistance to the sleeping pills? and why does after 2 weeks suddenly not fall into "new"

No; if they built up a resistance to the drugs, that would have explained the effectiveness wearing off in the group that got the drugs, but not in the placebo group.  So it had to be that sleeping in a new environment helped everyone.

imago

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2005, 12:34:42 PM »
Anyone remember the parallel flaw where you can't accurately reconstruct brain waves or something. . .  think i put something about wind resistance and a bicycle for the answer.

matts720

• Let's Go Nova!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - matts072083
    • View Profile
    • MySpace profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2005, 12:35:03 PM »
same here as well.

what was the answer to the Trakaid, anti-locking brakes question?
same here as well.

what was the answer to the Trakaid, anti-locking brakes question?

i put that there was another car that used a different system that controlled wheel spin

Same

Brett McKay

• The Frugal Law Student
    • View Profile
    • The Frugal Law Student
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2005, 12:35:10 PM »
Anyone remember the parallel flaw where you can't accurately reconstruct brain waves or something. . .  think i put something about wind resistance and a bicycle for the answer.

agreed

Wolvie

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2005, 12:35:20 PM »
me too i was between that and the pscyhological effects. I hope I went with the right one. Actually I did go with the enviornment one!! YES!!

someone please explain why the answer to the 60 psych wasnt the one that talked about the participants having more than the regular population...i cant remember the question very well.

Rooster

• This dog has a tough life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2005, 12:35:36 PM »
isnt it possible taht they just got a resistance to the sleeping pills? and why does after 2 weeks suddenly not fall into "new"

No; if they built up a resistance to the drugs, that would have explained the effectiveness wearing off in the group that got the drugs, but not in the placebo group.  So it had to be that sleeping in a new environment helped everyone.

damn it youre right

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2005, 12:35:52 PM »
THe anti-lock brakes question was answered correctly by the answer about another car having a brekaing system that could prevent the real-wheel spin.  

« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2005, 12:35:52 PM »
Okay, on the insomniacs. It was 60 patients, half with placebo, have with drug. 75 percent reported improved sleeping in both groups and then 90 percent in each group reported that effects wore off.

So the drug could have worked...the key word is improve. Nowhere does it say they imrpoved at similar rates. The dilemma is why did 90 perecent in each group respond that it only lasted two weeks? because people sleep better in a new enironment and one could infer after two weeks the institution was not new anymore.

that being said, i was an insomniac myself last night and should've slept in another bed.

Brett McKay

• The Frugal Law Student
    • View Profile
    • The Frugal Law Student
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2005, 12:36:21 PM »
me too i was between that and the pscyhological effects. I hope I went with the right one. Actually I did go with the enviornment one!! YES!!

someone please explain why the answer to the 60 psych wasnt the one that talked about the participants having more than the regular population...i cant remember the question very well.

the stem wasn't making an general claims about the population at large, only those in the group

matts720

• Let's Go Nova!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - matts072083
    • View Profile
    • MySpace profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2005, 12:37:45 PM »
Anyone remember the parallel flaw where you can't accurately reconstruct brain waves or something. . .  think i put something about wind resistance and a bicycle for the answer.

I don't think I remember that one, I could be wrong...