Law School Discussion

POST-MORTEM December '05 - Reading Comprehension

Re: POST-MORTEM December '05 - Reading Comprehension
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2005, 01:13:14 PM »
cookie, i agree with the fermentation one on your last post.

i put context for the point of the 1st paragraph in canadian passage.

and communal and private property share the same EXCEPT: i put A on that one.

as for the analogy on the poet one...AUGH I HATED THAT QUESTION..and randomly chose b.

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2005, 01:13:22 PM »
Does anyone remember their answer to the first question on the first passage about how the author felt about what the anthropologists were saying in paragraph 3?  I think I went with implicit approval.

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2005, 01:13:37 PM »
also, I remeber I put that the simpler the organism, the faster the polarity development for the bio passage.

also, I remember putting that in the fruit flies, the polarity is already determined while for the ??? it's determined after fertilization.

I can't remember the exact wording of the answer I put for the first question, but it was something like the diversity of methods by which early polarity is determined is surprising.  The reason I didn't pick your answer is that I didn't think the passage showed that the type of polarity development was related to the complexity of the organism, just that different organisms use different methods.

I put the same answer as you for fruit flies v. nematodes.

Rooster

• This dog has a tough life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2005, 01:14:24 PM »
Ok, here's some more questions:

1) the point of the first paragraph in the Canadian passage?  I put to show what property they're fighting over.  i was very iffy on this one

2) what individual and communal property rights shared:  allowed more than one individual to own property

3)  analogy concerning something about consciously showing the gender bias?? I put something about a bird and the air? 

sorry, can't remember.  thoughts?

I'm pretty sure I'm with you on all 3.  Not sure exactly what I put on 1.

haha i had the same thing on all questions....something about birds and wind....the thing they did not mention was that property deeds allow only 1 owner...and show the property they are fighting for...they gave examples of what the stuff was.

lex19

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2005, 01:16:41 PM »
ditto
I was very iffy on most of the main point questions

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2005, 01:20:59 PM »
cookiemonster:

for the what the author would mostly agree with on the anthro passage: i put he thought the people had highly specialized roles...the other answers didn't sound good to me.

anyone else?

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2005, 01:23:32 PM »
cookiemonster:

for the what the author would mostly agree with on the anthro passage: i put he thought the people had highly specialized roles...the other answers didn't sound good to me.

anyone else?

same here

Unsure

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2005, 01:24:17 PM »
For the first passage (cave), that last question asked something about what the authro would most agree with.

answer choices said:

more technologically advanced than netherlands?
highly social customs?

jeez...i forget the rest. 

anyone remember?

I think it said the same tech level as neanderthals. I also remember something like having the first shamans. This may have been the one where I picked that they had a more secure or safer environment, or it may have been the one where I picked that they had individuals with specialized roles, I can't remember.

« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2005, 01:24:51 PM »
cookiemonster:

anyone else?

that's what I put.  it mentioned something about complex social customs in the very last paragraph. 

yeah, it was something like they have highly specialized social roles, which i think is right because earlier it said that the art was so complex that there must of been some of them who just did the art while the other ppl supported them...
another good answer choice for that q was something like they had a harsher environemtn than the neandertals or something, but i picked the highly specialized roles one.

« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2005, 01:24:55 PM »
fruit flies developed polarity during fertilization, while the nematode dveloped it afterwards

the point of the first paragraphy in the canadian section was to show the context of what the native canadians are fighting for.

gender bias analogy.... i put the building one. it sounded a lot more feasible than the bird answer.