Law School Discussion

POST-MORTEM December '05 - Reading Comprehension

imago

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: POST-MORTEM December '05 - Reading Comprehension
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2005, 01:00:58 PM »
On the embryo passage, did people think the second paragraphs function was to describe
1: many different types of embryo (whatever) or 2:two different types of embryo (whatever)

went with many. there were 3 ways described for polarity to be established: in the egg, as in the fruit fly, as the sperm penetrates the egg, as in the work, and well after fertilzation and many cell splits, as in vertebrates.

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2005, 01:05:34 PM »
Ok, here's some more questions:

1) the point of the first paragraph in the Canadian passage?  I put to show what property they're fighting over.  i was very iffy on this one

2) what individual and communal property rights shared:  allowed more than one individual to own property

3)  analogy concerning something about consciously showing the gender bias?? I put something about a bird and the air? 

sorry, can't remember.  thoughts?

I put background information for #1, and I agree with your answers on #2 and #3.

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2005, 01:06:18 PM »
cookiemonster
1  - i cant remember
2 - same, more than one individual can own property or something
3 - i think i put the same, it was just a complete guess, the only one i could eliminate was e on that one

Monreith2

• Yes Please !
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2005, 01:06:39 PM »
I remember the bird in the air thing, I selected it, but I wasn't too sure it was right, I think I selected it by process of elimination

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2005, 01:07:57 PM »
Was therre an answer with something about context....the paragrpah was giving the context? like for the candaian one maybe?

Monreith2

• Yes Please !
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2005, 01:08:09 PM »
I was very iffy on most of the main point questions

imago

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2005, 01:08:43 PM »
Ok, here's some more questions:

1) the point of the first paragraph in the Canadian passage?  I put to show what property they're fighting over.  i was very iffy on this one

2) what individual and communal property rights shared:  allowed more than one individual to own property

3)  analogy concerning something about consciously showing the gender bias?? I put something about a bird and the air? 

sorry, can't remember.  thoughts?

I'm pretty sure I'm with you on all 3.  Not sure exactly what I put on 1.

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2005, 01:09:14 PM »
Was therre an answer with something about context....the paragrpah was giving the context? like for the candaian one maybe?

Right, context.  Wasn't that the first question on the Canadian natives section?  I picked that answer.

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2005, 01:09:44 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's indifference. Every sentence in almost all the paragraphs, especially the last one began with, or included "Gluck said/thinks/feels" ... the author was incredibly diligent about not taking a position on the matter. I also looked up "tacit" in the dictionary, and to be honest, it would be hard in LSAT land to see how there could be tacit approval in an RC passage, especially given the definition of tacit.

JSIA.

We're done!!!

I agree with you, I also went with indifference.

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2005, 01:10:33 PM »
for the bird answer choice question, i put the building answer... it sounded a lot better than the bird choice.

its tacit approval as well.