Rooster

• This dog has a tough life.
    • View Profile
Re: POST-MORTEM December '05 - Reading Comprehension
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2005, 12:09:00 PM »
i put down tacit compliance or whatever it was

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2005, 12:10:28 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's indifference. Every sentence in almost all the paragraphs, especially the last one began with, or included "Gluck said/thinks/feels" ... the author was incredibly diligent about not taking a position on the matter. I also looked up "tacit" in the dictionary, and to be honest, it would be hard in LSAT land to see how there could be tacit approval in an RC passage, especially given the definition of tacit.

JSIA.

We're done!!!

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2005, 12:13:15 PM »
Well, zen, I hope you are right..cuz i put indifference, too. But I do think it was tacit now. Our choice was distanced indifference or something like that. And though the author never says waht he/she thinks, it's kind of implied that she supports Gluck, though I can't recall if the choice was tacit acceptance or tacit endorsement.

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2005, 12:13:48 PM »
Yes, but the simple act of writing about a woman who breaks the gender roles of feminist poetry would suggest that the author does indeed approve of her and somewhat respects her work.

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2005, 12:14:30 PM »
tacit approval

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2005, 12:14:59 PM »
I think that "it seemed like she agree with Gluck" because we, as readers agreed with Gluck, but I did not find one word that would lead me to believe that the author believed Gluck. Tacit acceptance, with no key words or clues is just too mysterious for LSAT thought...

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2005, 12:17:05 PM »
Yeh, but if the author is indifferent why would she be writing about it? Although I did put that. But the first thing I did when I got home was look up exactly what tacit means in Webster's/

Rooster

• This dog has a tough life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2005, 12:19:50 PM »
I think its tacit acceptance, she indirectly accepts GLUCKs whatever by writing about it, showing its meaningful :dunno:

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2005, 12:20:59 PM »
I think it's tacit approval just because of the way the passage is set up--it is unbalanced on the side of providing information about Gluck. "Detached" indifference, I think, would have to be more overtly indicated rather than "tacit," which by definition is silently understood.

lex19

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2005, 12:21:19 PM »
damn i thought thw question with tactic in it was about Gluck's feelings...oh well one down out of 25 completed the fact thati made it through all 4 passages is a miracle