Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What if your ugly?  (Read 7542 times)

firant

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: What if your ugly?
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2005, 04:04:20 AM »
what if "you're" grammar and usage suck?

Did I do that again? I thought I stopped doing that a few years ago.. :/

GPA: 2.8.. LSAT: 173
Enrolled: University of Notre Dame

(GPA at graduation was 3.3)

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2005, 12:15:47 AM »
i personally think jews should get affirmative action
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..

SCgrad

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2005, 06:36:41 AM »
You can do something about a weight problem.  I have had family members do so.  Attractiveness is subjective, why not have AA for stupid people?

Attractiveness can lead to confidence and outgoingness which can make a person more interesting.  I have known several people who appeared not so attractive according to the status quo but had no problems making friends/getting dates/sucking up to teachers/etc.  The inverse is also sometimes true.

Really, this is a stupid thread.

Vannabunny

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - savannah_honey@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2005, 12:39:23 PM »
You can do something about a weight problem. I have had family members do so. Attractiveness is subjective, why not have AA for stupid people?

Attractiveness can lead to confidence and outgoingness which can make a person more interesting. I have known several people who appeared not so attractive according to the status quo but had no problems making friends/getting dates/sucking up to teachers/etc. The inverse is also sometimes true.

Some people cannot change the fact they are heavier. I am very fit  - a college track team member, dance instructor, cheer coach, and runner - and will never be, or never have been a size 6. Or 8 for that matter. Just because I am heavy does not mean I am lazy or unfit. It does mean, however, that some people find it okay to be mean, give rude comments, or show their obliviousness to the culture bias against a larger person.
High Priestess of the P-Dub Club

talking dirty to vanna is like... like... hitting on the pope or someting

IU-B grad student, working in corporate America

vitaminwater

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2005, 08:16:33 PM »
what about ugly but confident people? i think that they are beautiful!

dunson

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2005, 09:34:57 PM »
You can do something about a weight problem. I have had family members do so. Attractiveness is subjective, why not have AA for stupid people?

Attractiveness can lead to confidence and outgoingness which can make a person more interesting. I have known several people who appeared not so attractive according to the status quo but had no problems making friends/getting dates/sucking up to teachers/etc. The inverse is also sometimes true.

Some people cannot change the fact they are heavier. I am very fit  - a college track team member, dance instructor, cheer coach, and runner - and will never be, or never have been a size 6. Or 8 for that matter. Just because I am heavy does not mean I am lazy or unfit. It does mean, however, that some people find it okay to be mean, give rude comments, or show their obliviousness to the culture bias against a larger person.

this is pretty much what i remind my size 0 girlfriend when she complains about being "fat".  genes vary and you cant always change the way you look.

SCgrad

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2005, 09:21:15 AM »
You can do something about a weight problem.  I have had family members do so.

And how long does it generally last? 

The reality is that successful, long-term weight loss without gastric bypass surgery is exceedingly rare. 

Attractiveness is subjective,

Not really.  Attractiveness is defined by how many people are physically aroused by a person, and how intense that arousal is.  While there are some variants (i.e., some people are exceptionally attracted to their girlfriend, even though everyone else thinks she's hideous), these anomalies are also exceedingly rare.

BTW, they've also done studies on who wins trials and why.  The thinner/more conventionally attractive party almost always wins: even if it's clear that s/he's legally at fault.  (One case in Iowa, a robber won $30,000 from a family that was repeatedly robbed and then set a booby trap to catch the robber in action.) 

Thus subjective.  Also, people do lose weight and keep it off, but it takes a change in attitude about fitness and diet, not some pill or "miracle" diet.  The fact is most people don't make this decision.

SCgrad

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2005, 09:25:21 AM »

You have a different definition of overweight than me.  I've seen your pic, you are not going to struggle in the legal profession because of your appearance.

pop_tort

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2005, 09:59:13 AM »
How much can you do about being ugly?

I have watched countless hours of Extreme Makeover and The Swan (as well as Ambush Makeover, A Makeover Story, What Not To Wear, anything else on Style network) to know that these days, no one has to be "ugly". And if you find the right people to help you, it can all be done for free.

before....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

after

before....

after....

Help is out there.

Vannabunny

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - savannah_honey@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2005, 02:37:38 PM »
That  last post made me laugh out loud so hard! Frickin hillarious. :)
High Priestess of the P-Dub Club

talking dirty to vanna is like... like... hitting on the pope or someting

IU-B grad student, working in corporate America