Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Admission Application Fee Waiver??  (Read 1417 times)

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Admission Application Fee Waiver??
« on: July 11, 2004, 01:13:26 PM »
I am sure a lot of us would like to apply to 20-30 schools.. but due to cost, we are unable to do so.

How does one get application fee waiver? Thru register with LSAT or LSDAT?  If so, how are applicant selected..based on region, LSAT scores??

When are those fee waivers given and how are they given? 

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Admission Application Fee Waiver??
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 10:51:49 PM »
I just found this post of mine that I posted months ago..how come No One replied to it.. is because it was July and no one whas applying... so... I guess it's time now to ask this question.

Seminolegrl305

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 11:00:51 PM »
I know for some schools you have to get a letter from your home school's financial aid department then that school would determine if you are eligible for a fee waiver. I am not sure about all schools though. I would just call the schools I am intrested in applying toand ask them about the fee waivers or look on the internet.

desmo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 11:08:15 PM »
I am sure a lot of us would like to apply to 20-30 schools.. but due to cost, we are unable to do so.

How does one get application fee waiver? Thru register with LSAT or LSDAT?  If so, how are applicant selected..based on region, LSAT scores??

When are those fee waivers given and how are they given? 

Register w/LSAC
Check the box that says release data
Score really high on the LSAT
Wait for them to arrive in your mailbox (or email)

They're being sent now

MaroonOut2005

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attending: Notre Dame
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 11:13:00 PM »
A poster on this board (ekc) sent out a letter to various law schools asking for fee waivers.  She recieved a pretty decent amount in return.  However, she is the only one I know who has done this.  Most fee waivers are based on merit.

M2

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 02:50:13 AM »
A poster on this board (ekc) sent out a letter to various law schools asking for fee waivers.  She recieved a pretty decent amount in return.  However, she is the only one I know who has done this.  Most fee waivers are based on merit.

I did this and only got 1

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 10:02:03 AM »

What's ekc's complete ID screen name?  I would like to get a sample of that letter that she wrote.