Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: what race to mark on LS apps?  (Read 10054 times)

redemption

Re: what race to mark on LS apps?
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2006, 06:41:46 PM »
OMG, another LR "flawed reasoning" stimulus. What is up with people today? Full moon?

redemption

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2006, 06:54:05 PM »
Victory? I am not cometing with you, laddie. You stated something that is wrong. I pointed it out to you, and yet you persisted. I pointed out your error again. You did some investigation, conceded a little bit, and then in the same post then said "we all know why it is being asked" etc... Again wrong (information does not equal knowledge; there is proof). Then you get personal (of course), and a lttle bit hot under the collar. You then take a break, and when you come back it is "crock of sh*t" and "what a load". Don't be surprised if I don't take your propositions seriously. They haven't earned it the status of argument yet.

And don't be offended, for goodness' sake: you can be wrong and still be an ok person. This isn't about you: it's about your position on this issue.

Mr Shears

« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2006, 07:05:30 PM »
And don't be offended, for goodness' sake: you can be wrong and still be an ok person. This isn't about you: it's about your position on this issue.

Too many people take debates personally.  It's hard to be an attorney - especially in litigation - when you take every argument as a personal attack.

magnumalv

« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2006, 07:19:16 PM »
I'm through with this argument for now.  You're rude and you've been wrong a few times, too.  Have a nice night.

Sheesh.

Hissy fit.  ;D

Mr Shears

« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2006, 07:27:04 PM »

Too many people take debates personally.  It's hard to be an attorney - especially in litigation - when you take every argument as a personal attack.

I hope you're not referring to myself; this is a message board, not lawyering.  There's a difference in how one comports his/herself here as opposed to in one's career.

Not a very big one.  If you can't even debate on a message board without taking everything personally, how do you expect to do it when you have fellow lawyers whose sole aim is to make you lose?

magnumalv

« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2006, 07:33:39 PM »
Also, for someone so concerned with how personal I've taken the argument, I really think it's ironic how many of her posts were about how I was taking the argument.

ttfn.

How is that ironic?

And what does ttfn mean? just out of curiosity?

Mr Shears

« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2006, 07:38:03 PM »

I hope you're not referring to myself; this is a message board, not lawyering.  There's a difference in how one comports his/herself here as opposed to in one's career.

Not a very big one.  If you can't even debate on a message board without taking everything personally, how do you expect to do it when you have fellow lawyers whose sole aim is to make you lose?

I'd argue that I haven't taken this nearly as personally as you guys think I have.  Further, the whole timeline about me getting worked up, cooling off, coming back and being personal is pretty inaccurate.  I'd suggest reading back through her posts as well; she hasn't missed an opportunity to get in a personal jab here or there, and if she thinks I needed time to cool off, that's fine, but in reality, the times when I wasn't posting, I was either working or driving home from work.

Also, for someone so concerned with how personal I've taken the argument, I really think it's ironic how many of her posts were about how I was taking the argument.

ttfn.

I thought you were done with this for the night.  ;)

Relax dude.  This post is an example why people think you're taking things personally.

AH

• LSD Obsessed
  • but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2006, 07:43:11 PM »
not that i want to rile things up again (i think i effectively said my piece a while ago and no one seemed to refute it), but i just wanted to let magnum know ttfn means ta ta for now (think tigger in winnie the pooh.
Quote from: Stanley James Watson III
I <3 AH.
the official gettin' busy poster of the OPC!
Official Realistic Numbers Holder of the Revolution
Quote from: Groundhog
honorary fellow LSD rodent.
www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=arhodg

magnumalv

« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2006, 07:49:38 PM »
not that i want to rile things up again (i think i effectively said my piece a while ago and no one seemed to refute it), but i just wanted to let magnum know ttfn means ta ta for now (think tigger in winnie the pooh.

thank you arhodg! :)

you really ARE the nicest person on LSD.  ::)

AH

• LSD Obsessed
  • but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2006, 07:50:22 PM »
hahahaha

:P
Quote from: Stanley James Watson III
I <3 AH.
the official gettin' busy poster of the OPC!
Official Realistic Numbers Holder of the Revolution
Quote from: Groundhog
honorary fellow LSD rodent.
www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=arhodg