Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections  (Read 162989 times)

john83

Re: Tier 3 and 4 Aceptances and Rejections
« Reply #110 on: December 23, 2005, 03:38:10 PM »
I just got the big envelope from Widener, so its official...I'm going to law school.  You guys were right, the first one is special and I can honestly say that I've never experienced this kind of natural high before.

As a side note, I know a lot of folks are getting responses that they don't really want to get.  I also know that some of our fellow posters can be jackasses in their putdowns and whatnot.  I implore you not to let these pompous bastards get to you.  You will get into law school and you will all become lawyers.  Believe me, if you are familiar with my story, there is no way in Hell that I should be going to law school, yet I am.  So, if I can get in so can you.  Keep your chin up and good luck to all of you.

Happy holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Haunakkah(sp?), Happy Kwanza and have a great and glorious New Year!!!!

i wish rejections were just as exciting.

and well said. not everyone scores 170+ and has a 3.9. and not every good lawyer scored a 170+ and had a 3.9 in UG. the people who waste their time putting others down in a non-constructive manner only come out looking like idiots. but they will always troll around here. they will always issue insults to pad their ego.

and i will continue laughing at their insecurity.

congrats everyone on your acceptances...

AH

• LSD Obsessed
  • but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: December 23, 2005, 06:06:00 PM »
Thanks kmpnj and some1!  Those were great posts!

Just in case any other arrogant pricks come on this thread, just an fyi but there was a Newsweek article that gave the SATs of a bunch of celebrities-- Al Gore got a 1320.  Not exactly impressive (same score as me actually).  Obviously it didn't stop him.  I wish someone would come out with politician lsats.
Quote from: Stanley James Watson III
I <3 AH.
the official gettin' busy poster of the OPC!
Official Realistic Numbers Holder of the Revolution
Quote from: Groundhog
honorary fellow LSD rodent.
www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=arhodg

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 23, 2005, 06:18:27 PM »
that would be great  :D :D
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

Goodfella Aaron

« Reply #113 on: December 23, 2005, 06:35:30 PM »

Just in case any other arrogant pricks come on this thread, just an fyi but there was a Newsweek article that gave the SATs of a bunch of celebrities-- Al Gore got a 1320.  Not exactly impressive (same score as me actually).  Obviously it didn't stop him.  I wish someone would come out with politician lsats.

It's more impressive than you think because back then it was harder to get a high score. I don't know for sure what today's equivalent of 1320 would be, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were in the 1400s.

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 23, 2005, 06:42:26 PM »
i heard it is even very different from when i took it n 95  :-[  old i am
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: December 23, 2005, 07:32:53 PM »
I wish I had gotten a 1320.  I only got an 880.  I had a ridiculous split though.  I got a 500 on the verbal and only 380 on the math.

I've never been a big fan of standardized testing.  I would much rather take a 20 question essay test than a standardized test.  I think that an essay test is a better way to demonstrate a deep knowledge of a particular subject, law for instance.

Having said that, I realize the need for the testing as a means of leveling the playing field.  I just wish there was a better way.

SWM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 23, 2005, 07:33:34 PM »

It's more impressive than you think because back then it was harder to get a high score. I don't know for sure what today's equivalent of 1320 would be, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were in the 1400s.

I took it in 1990-91. I got a 1210, which was good enough to get me into most any school with the exception of the Ivies and a few other very selective schools. Back then the average score was 850-900, and hardly anyone ever scored a perfect 1600. I remember people claiming that the test was unfair to minorities, and I believe that some agency intervened and altered the test in an attempt to ensure that there was not any "racial bias" to any of the questions. That was approximately 10 years ago - maybe longer. I haven't taken the SAT in it's new form, but based on the differance between todays nationwide average, 1000+, and the average score from 10 years ago, it seems to me that the test has been "dumbed down" somewhat; it's simply easier to perform better on the mew form of the SAT then it was prior to the change. Furthermore, it's not like there has a been a quantum leap in the quality of public education that would account for the increase in average score.  1320 back in the day was a great score - good enough to get you into an Ivy league school.

KJ and Coppala - nice.

Next time I'll tell you about when i used to walk to school in 3 feet of snow and.....

akcpup

• AOL Instant Messenger - akcpup
    • View Profile
    • LSN AKCPUP
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: December 24, 2005, 12:40:48 AM »
Received my Vermont acceptance today! Very excited and surprised!!!! I have such a tough decision to make... I don't know where to go@!!!

john83

« Reply #118 on: December 24, 2005, 12:59:57 AM »
i took the ACT. i guess i'm just of a totally different school...

and congrats on vermont.

Dante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 24, 2005, 10:10:05 AM »
Received my Vermont acceptance today! Very excited and surprised!!!! I have such a tough decision to make... I don't know where to go@!!!

Congrats pup, you good dog you... ;D

Merry Christmas, now go celebrate!