I'll be at UNLV, but I pretty much decided that way back in March. This past Tuesday, I signed a 1 year lease (w/ option to buy) on a 4 bedroom house in a very nice area of Henderson, NV. I got a VERY sweet deal on this house. That Night, I also received a firm offer on my house for sale in California. I am planning to officially accept that offer tonight. The next day, Wednesday, I interviewed for two jobs in the Vegas area, and I was pretty much offered both. One is as a Business consultant for a small telecommunications company and pays about $50/hr. The problem is, I won't likely be able to bill enough hours for this to be my sole means of income. The other job is a field tech position, which will provide steady work. The hourly pay is a bit less than I am making now, but there are opportunities for bonuses, which will keep me about par with my present income.
Originally, I had planned to transfer to my current employer's Vegas area operations, but after applying for more than 15 open positions (for which I am more than qualified), and reciving not so much as a phone call, I have given up hope on that. I heard "rumors" that they are not filling positions until after October, which begins a new fiscal year. Anyway, all is good, and if my house does sell, I will have about 3 years worth of my current salary tucked away.
I have a week of orientation that starts on August 21, and my regular classes begin the following week. With everything I have had to do to make this move happen (sell house, find new house, find new job, etc), I have not had even a second to stress about law school. It's probably a good thing. In any case, I can't wait to start.