Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections  (Read 161975 times)

OingoBoingo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Simply the best band from the 80's
    • View Profile
Re: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections
« Reply #3060 on: July 11, 2006, 04:56:47 PM »
I got an email from the University of Idaho syaing I was on their "short-short" waitlist and pretty much asking me if I'd drop everything on the first day of orientation (if need be) to go there. I politely told them no (I have already moved) but I wonder if others here are waiting on Idaho?

I am also still on the Colorado (CU-Boulder) waitlist.

Oingo
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: July 12, 2006, 02:29:23 PM »
This is my last week at work YAY!!!!..not officially though.

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #3062 on: July 12, 2006, 02:59:53 PM »
Hey does anyone know what happened to LSN??? everyones comments were removed. :(
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

cyberrev

« Reply #3063 on: July 12, 2006, 05:23:45 PM »
Hey does anyone know what happened to LSN??? everyones comments were removed. :(

i noticed that.  either it crashed, or he had to get more disk space.  it's down right now as well

supergirluw

« Reply #3064 on: July 12, 2006, 06:28:59 PM »
front page of lsn says its moving to a new server...comments etc. aren't gone, just offline.

as for me, i'm headed to the University of La Verne...flying down on July 25th.

I can't beleive its actually happening!

Dante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: July 13, 2006, 02:55:26 AM »
Hi to all in my favorite thread this cycle...where is everyone going this fall.

University of Tulsa here...although I am still on a waitlist for Dayton (although I am not holding my breath) and still waiting on a "decision" from FL A&M (the slowest damn admissions dept. on the face of the earth), my app cycle for all intents and purposes is over.  Corey, good luck at Detroit, I know you are going to shine up there.  Everyone else, good luck! 

MrSmittie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rebel Law - why what happens in Vegas stays here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: July 13, 2006, 06:10:56 PM »
I'll be at UNLV, but I pretty much decided that way back in March. This past Tuesday, I signed a 1 year lease (w/ option to buy) on a 4 bedroom house in a very nice area of Henderson, NV. I got a VERY sweet deal on this house. That Night, I also received  a firm offer on my house for sale in California. I am planning to officially accept that offer tonight. The next day, Wednesday, I interviewed for two jobs in the Vegas area, and I was pretty much offered both. One is as a Business consultant for a small telecommunications company and pays about $50/hr. The problem is, I won't likely be able to bill enough hours for this to be my sole means of income. The  other job is a field tech position, which will provide steady work. The hourly pay is a bit less than I am making now, but there are opportunities for bonuses, which will keep me about par with my present income.

Originally, I had planned to transfer to my current employer's Vegas area operations, but after applying for more than 15 open positions (for which I am more than qualified), and reciving not so much as a phone call, I have given up hope on that. I heard "rumors" that they are not filling positions until after October, which begins a new fiscal year. Anyway, all is good, and if my house does sell, I will have about 3 years worth of my current salary tucked away.

I have a week of orientation that starts on August 21, and my regular classes begin the following week. With everything I have had to do to make this move happen (sell house, find new house, find new job, etc), I have not had even a second to stress about law school. It's probably a good thing. In any case, I can't wait to start.
1L Boyd Law - UNLV
I'm so old - I went to preschool with God.

Nellbelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - jckulllman@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jckullman@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3067 on: July 14, 2006, 04:04:27 PM »
Congrats on everyone with all their acceptances!. I want to again say how much I appreciate the support and kindness all have contributed to this thread. Now I have one big question and I am hoping maybe if the few current students are still around, I can get it answered.

Okay, this is going to sound really basic but it has really been on my mind now that I have my laptop and bag purchased and am really starting to think about the true basics. School Supplies. I know for grad school I started out with a small binder with a folder inside for each class and then a five subject big spiral as well. Later I just used a couple one subject spirals (one for each subject) and a folder for each subject. This was a couple of years ago and nobody really used a laptop in class (no wirless yet).
 I know I will eventually figure out what works best but I am wondering if anyone has thought about this and has any ideas. I am the type of person that if they start out being organized it is better for me rather than trying to get organized later in the game. I almost started a thread "let's talk school supplies" but I figured I would get laughed at. Although I must say I am tempted to show up the first day with a pink kitty trapper keeper ........jk. ;) well kind of.
The librarian gig isn't all its cracked up to be!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=nell

cyberrev

« Reply #3068 on: July 14, 2006, 05:34:13 PM »
Congrats on everyone with all their acceptances!. I want to again say how much I appreciate the support and kindness all have contributed to this thread. Now I have one big question and I am hoping maybe if the few current students are still around, I can get it answered.

Okay, this is going to sound really basic but it has really been on my mind now that I have my laptop and bag purchased and am really starting to think about the true basics. School Supplies. I know for grad school I started out with a small binder with a folder inside for each class and then a five subject big spiral as well. Later I just used a couple one subject spirals (one for each subject) and a folder for each subject. This was a couple of years ago and nobody really used a laptop in class (no wirless yet).
 I know I will eventually figure out what works best but I am wondering if anyone has thought about this and has any ideas. I am the type of person that if they start out being organized it is better for me rather than trying to get organized later in the game. I almost started a thread "let's talk school supplies" but I figured I would get laughed at. Although I must say I am tempted to show up the first day with a pink kitty trapper keeper ........jk. ;) well kind of.

have you read law school confidential?  with their notetaking/outlining plan, they offer tips on what kind of stuff to buy.

Nellbelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - jckulllman@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jckullman@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3069 on: July 14, 2006, 07:24:50 PM »
I read law school confidential but don't remember much from specific supplies other than the multi color highlighters. I plan to review it among others in the next few days.

Matthies, I guess I better research Microsoft Onen ote because I am scared now as I have never heard of it. Any other tips??
The librarian gig isn't all its cracked up to be!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=nell