Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections  (Read 161896 times)

jra2

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections
« Reply #2920 on: May 23, 2006, 01:45:23 AM »
Hey Tonic,
I am having the same trouble as you, but with different schools.  The best advice that I have received from professors and attorneys in my area is that after you graduate from LS, the trouble is finding the first job.  After your first job, you establish your own reputation and where you went to school will no longer be an issue. 
Regardless of the advice, everytime I think of going to the cheap school I feel like I am trading Macy's for Wal-Mart. I hate labels and price tags. 

cyberrev

« Reply #2921 on: May 23, 2006, 10:41:15 AM »
I hate the labels, too, but I'm also buying into them a bit. If I get accepted from either of my T1 waitlists, I'll go there despite the scholarship from Dayton. If I don't move from either waitlist, the upside is that I'll just have half the debt after law school.

curses, dayton offered me no money this late in the game, so i'll probably withdraw

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: May 23, 2006, 03:12:56 PM »
Rejected at Seattle... one less decision, whooohoo! I have heard from them all.

Do you know where you're going?  The only school you've listed that I've visited is Lewis & Clark - many years ago - thought it was SUPER pretty  :-*
Pepperdine it is.  I'm a sucker for an ocean view.

lk1122

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2923 on: May 23, 2006, 03:33:42 PM »
Hi, I'm sort of new to this, but I have a bit of a dilemma. I would appreciate any feedback you guys could give.  I got into Duquesne quite awhile ago, which I visited and was impressed with.  My other main option was Widener where I was waitlisted (I don't really know why).  Today I just got an acceptance letter to Widener DE.  I live in the Philly area, so this is obviously much closer to home.  I was preparing myself to move to Pittsburgh and, although still apprehensive, was actually getting excited about it.  What do you think the REAL difference is in these two schools?  This is pretty much a tier 3 vs. tier 4 issue...how much do you think it matters?  Thanks again for any advice...  ???

Militancy22 - Sounds like we're in the same boat. Right now I live in Philly and work at one of the biggest firms in Philadelphia. I am 99% sure I'm going to Widener DE this fall. I have done a lot of research about where Widener DE grads end up. At the firm I work at now, there are at least 25+ DE grads only to be outdone by Temple and Nova with about 35+. Obviously rank has something to do with where you will end up working, but location and alumni location also plays a huge part. And as someone else said, after you land that first job it's all about your own rep, not as much where you went to school.

This is all coming from a BIGLAW pov. If you're not so interested in that, there are plenty of jobs out there waiting for you.

cyberrev

« Reply #2924 on: May 23, 2006, 05:26:20 PM »
Boo to that. Where do you think you'll go?

well, i've been accepted with a scholarship to arkansas, and waitlisted at nebraska and wyoming

militancy22

• View Profile
« Reply #2925 on: May 24, 2006, 10:33:49 PM »
lk1122, thanks for your input.  I have decided to attend Widener, based on my gut feeling and in part the word of mouth I've heard.  Where are you from?  I am from Montgomery County, PA.

lk1122

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2926 on: May 25, 2006, 11:48:33 AM »
Glad to hear it.

Right now I live in Villanova and will be commuting for the first part of the semester, at least.

corbabe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: May 25, 2006, 01:19:15 PM »
I was waitlisted today at Dayton for anybody still waiting on them.  It looks like I will be headed to Detroit Mercy.  I am still waitlisted at Albany, Capital, Dayton, and Ohio Northern.  I am not sure if I get off the waitlist if I will attend any of these however.  Anyone else planning on Detroit Mercy?

lawschoolwannabe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: May 25, 2006, 02:52:00 PM »
Hey everybody.  I'm new to the board and the law school application process.  I'm starting very late, as I want to begin this fall.  I haven't sent out any applications, and I take the LSAT in June.  Any advice or suggestions as to which schools I consider?

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #2929 on: May 25, 2006, 03:51:09 PM »
lk1122, thanks for your input.  I have decided to attend Widener, based on my gut feeling and in part the word of mouth I've heard.  Where are you from?  I am from Montgomery County, PA.
Glad to hear it.

Right now I live in Villanova and will be commuting for the first part of the semester, at least.

Hey you guys are from around my neighborhood. I'm from Delaware County actually Newtown square/Broomall area!!! Right now though i'm in Indianapolis for IU summer program. I like it here, but it isn't quite philly. I consider Indianapolis a smaller, cleaner, safer philly. haha Anyway good luck to the both of u where ever you go. Glad to see some new faces on this board. :)
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!