Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections  (Read 160882 times)

Nellbelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - jckulllman@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jckullman@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections
« Reply #2900 on: May 19, 2006, 01:59:56 PM »
I'm going to Jacksonville next week to sign a lease and to pay my final seat deposit for Florida Coastal.  I've heard from everyone except Florida State.  I have a feeling I'll get a letter from them right after I sign my lease...it always seems to work that way. 

Wow, you and I are in the same boat. I just went to jax last weekend. I didn't rent anything yet just visited the school and the new campus and  also toured the area some. I am also waiting for FSU. I would have thought I would have been automatically rejected but I called once again today and my file is still being reviewed.  :-\ I applied back in January. Who knows. I am trying not to hold out too much hope. When is your second deposit due? I think mine is due the 15th of June but I better check again.
The librarian gig isn't all its cracked up to be!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=nell

hopeful2006

• View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: May 19, 2006, 03:47:04 PM »
I'm going to Jacksonville next week to sign a lease and to pay my final seat deposit for Florida Coastal.  I've heard from everyone except Florida State.  I have a feeling I'll get a letter from them right after I sign my lease...it always seems to work that way. 

Wow, you and I are in the same boat. I just went to jax last weekend. I didn't rent anything yet just visited the school and the new campus and  also toured the area some. I am also waiting for FSU. I would have thought I would have been automatically rejected but I called once again today and my file is still being reviewed.  :-\ I applied back in January. Who knows. I am trying not to hold out too much hope. When is your second deposit due? I think mine is due the 15th of June but I better check again.

The deposit is due 6/15.  How's the progress on the new location?  I went by there a few weeks ago and it still looked kinda shabby.

FSU said they'd have decisions by the end of May. I guess they're going to wait until the last possible minute.  Even if they accept me, I'm going to attend FCSL.

If you think FCSL is the place for you, i'd go ahead and start looking for a place.  The apt ppl in Jax have been pretty flakey.  A lot of the places haven't had apts available, and they never call back when they say they're going to.  They act as if they have no interest in renting apts at all.  Apparently, business is good. 

Good luck with everything.  I've visited a lot of the complexes and would be happy to share my thoughts with you. 

crainjd

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2902 on: May 19, 2006, 05:24:50 PM »
South Carolina would have let you in UScalitan if you weren't a Republican
W&M Class of 2009

In: W&M, GWU, George Mason
Out: Georgetown, Dook
Waitlisted: UVA

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=crainjd

LostMyMonkeys

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2903 on: May 20, 2006, 12:26:17 AM »

The deposit is due 6/15.  How's the progress on the new location?  I went by there a few weeks ago and it still looked kinda shabby.

FSU said they'd have decisions by the end of May. I guess they're going to wait until the last possible minute.  Even if they accept me, I'm going to attend FCSL.

If you think FCSL is the place for you, i'd go ahead and start looking for a place.  The apt ppl in Jax have been pretty flakey.  A lot of the places haven't had apts available, and they never call back when they say they're going to.  They act as if they have no interest in renting apts at all.  Apparently, business is good. 

Good luck with everything.  I've visited a lot of the complexes and would be happy to share my thoughts with you. 

Classes at the new campus have been postponed until the fall. Boo! But PM me and let me know when you are here and I'll give you the real student tour.

Nice ass won't get you through your whole life. When you turn 30 you better have a personality

shaz

• Sr. Citizen
  • University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: May 20, 2006, 01:30:19 AM »
Rejected by my own school (S. Carolina).  Still have a chance at Charleston though. S. Carolina said that I could transfer with a 3 or higher.

i was rejected by my own school as well.  i felt more rejected than at any time i can remember.  then i developed a major case of resentment.  yesterday i graduated and all i could think of was that i love my school and don't want to leave.  :(

even though i have a full ride i would gladly give it up to attend MY school.   
losin' sleep, gainin' knowledge.

cyberrev

« Reply #2905 on: May 20, 2006, 09:11:24 AM »
Rejected by my own school (S. Carolina).  Still have a chance at Charleston though. S. Carolina said that I could transfer with a 3 or higher.

i was rejected by my own school as well.  i felt more rejected than at any time i can remember.  then i developed a major case of resentment.  yesterday i graduated and all i could think of was that i love my school and don't want to leave.  :(

i know how you feel, but honestly i have seen that multiple degrees from the same school are not as well regarded, for some reason.  i think it's a 'broadening' issues, according to some recruiters i've talked to.   best of luck, though, shaz!

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2906 on: May 20, 2006, 12:25:58 PM »
i hope thats not true as im going to the same LS as my UG...  :-\
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
  • make me "beautiful"...make me a perfect lie...
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2907 on: May 20, 2006, 01:03:15 PM »

i know how you feel, but honestly i have seen that multiple degrees from the same school are not as well regarded, for some reason.  i think it's a 'broadening' issues, according to some recruiters i've talked to.   best of luck, though, shaz!
I agree. My UG actually stated this as a reason why they actually discourage their UG students from applying to their LS. They will actually make it a point to reject their UG students when they do apply to the LS.

corbabe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: May 20, 2006, 01:27:42 PM »
waitlisted at ohio northern! in case anyone is still waiting to hear from them.

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: May 20, 2006, 04:21:14 PM »
I also heard that CAL doesn't like it's own students.  >:( I didn't apply there...

Pepperdine it is.  I'm a sucker for an ocean view.