Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections  (Read 163465 times)

cyberrev

Re: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections
« Reply #2880 on: May 15, 2006, 09:07:42 PM »
well, that's just weird... rejected from dayton, just received an acceptance email.  thats twice this cycle!   :D

corbabe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: May 15, 2006, 09:52:09 PM »
dandle and militancy, congrats...ijust got accepted to widener harrisburg off of the waitlist.  I am from Pittsburgh, but don't know very much about the school I would love to hear about it, if you have a chance.  Thanks and congrats. 

Also, is anyone going to the UDM admitted students day on thursday?

militancy22

• View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: May 15, 2006, 09:56:50 PM »
Corbabe,
I know a little about Widener Harrisburg. I see you are from Pittsburgh...I think Widener Harrisburg is good if you are interested in working in the state government or staying sround Harrisburg.  Harrisburg is only about 2 hours from Philadelphia; I am not sure if it makes a difference going to Widener DE vs. Widener Harrisburg in the Philly market. Congratulations and good luck.

What do you think about my situation (see above).  Thanks  :D

cyberrev

« Reply #2883 on: May 15, 2006, 11:16:07 PM »
blessings be upon you, matthies my son, and may you defeat the powers of darkness

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #2884 on: May 16, 2006, 01:19:54 AM »
WAIT! Don't go to law school you guys, save yourselves, leave me, its too late for me!!! :o

Ok, so here I sit the night before may last exam this semester, I have been prepping for this test since mid April, yet I still feel doomed, well at least more doomed that I usually do before any law school exam. Itís a cumulative exam, testing us over two semester worth of crap, about 60% of which I am SURE he never actually taught us. I have not left my house since sometime last weekend other than to go to the school to take other exams, I have not shaved in three days, and my dining room table has become command central because there is no more room on my desk. What should a be place for food is instead layered with books, supplements, flash cards and miscellaneous papers everywhere. Somewhere in this mess is a half empty bottle of 500 extra strength aspirins, there are at least six crushed mountain dew cans on the table and floor, three or four empty packs of smokes and overflowing ashtray and fast-food wrappers that I use to keep me from hyper ventilating, or to scrounge for a dried up French fry or two for nourishment. I donít think I have slept more than 4 fours a night in over a week and my answering machine is maxed out on messages because I turned the phone off. And I am 100% convinced the only thing that will save me from failing my exam tomorrow is the rapture, and thatís only if my prof is not one of us ďleft behindĒ, there is also a good chance he is in fact the antichrist, so guess I am screwed either way. Of course I tell myself Iíll do things differently next semester, but somehow I think Iíll be right back here again come December. I like the stress I guess.

There is still time for you all to save yourselves, go to PHARMACY school.  ;D >:( ;D :o :D ??? ::) :)

lol so funny I feel ya man. I can't wait to feel that feeling next semester!! yea right lol. Anyway to seriously know the feeling of knowing that my first year of law school is almost complete and I have finally accomplished something!! You are the best keep up the great work, i'm sure your family is extremely proud. You are truly a leader and I would be proud to sit in the same court room as you. Take care and good luck tomorrow, but i'm sure you will do excellent! pS: My first day of law school was extreme yet great at the same time. I just hope everything works out well. I love this board and all of the great advice it has given my throughout this process. I will keep you all informed of any information that may help you, plus with my law school experiences!! Yes finally I am a 1l and proud of it!!!
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

shaz

• Sr. Citizen
  • University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: May 16, 2006, 01:40:46 AM »
good luck tomorrow mathies. 

looks like you are on your way latinlord.

militancy22, go to widener (de).  if you want to work in philly after graduation, widener is a good deal.  did you get any money from either school?  if not, i say go to widener and kick butt so you transfer to temple/rutgers for 2L. 
losin' sleep, gainin' knowledge.

corbabe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: May 16, 2006, 08:46:26 AM »
militancy,

I would say go to Duquesne, they place very well in western pa if you are interested in working there.  However, I have to admit that I had never heard of widener until this application cycle.  They are not very familiar to people on the western side of the state.  I don't know if that goes for Duquesne as well on the eastern side of the state.  From my experiences I would go to Duquense.  They were my number one choice, but I didn't get in. 

I am trying to decide now between widener and UDM, but am still waiting on Dayton, Capital, and Ohio Northern.  All of which I am very interested in.  Best of luck.  If you want to know more about Pittsburgh and the legal market here just shoot me a PM, I would be glad to answer any questions for you.

cyberrev

« Reply #2887 on: May 16, 2006, 08:58:50 AM »
militancy,

I would say go to Duquesne, they place very well in western pa if you are interested in working there.  However, I have to admit that I had never heard of widener until this application cycle.  They are not very familiar to people on the western side of the state.  I don't know if that goes for Duquesne as well on the eastern side of the state.  From my experiences I would go to Duquense.  They were my number one choice, but I didn't get in. 

I am trying to decide now between widener and UDM, but am still waiting on Dayton, Capital, and Ohio Northern.  All of which I am very interested in.  Best of luck.  If you want to know more about Pittsburgh and the legal market here just shoot me a PM, I would be glad to answer any questions for you.

ohio northern is taking for-ev-eh

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #2888 on: May 16, 2006, 09:27:57 PM »
militancy,

So Sorry about Duquesne, I was really hoping you would get in!! Those guys took forever. I was just told today that I got rejected by them. That means that AGAIN EVERY SINGLE SCHOOL IN MY HOME STATE REJECTED ME!! No matter we both have other options and it will be that much sweeter when we come back and take over the place and show them  all what they missed!! Ohio northern is my last school to hear from, then FINALLY i will be finished with this cycle!! I was pleased to say the least this time around. Thanks to all the great support I recieved from this board. You are all awesome!! Take care - talk to you soon. I have to study some briefs!!
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

cyberrev

« Reply #2889 on: May 16, 2006, 10:58:42 PM »
militancy,

So Sorry about Duquesne, I was really hoping you would get in!! Those guys took forever. I was just told today that I got rejected by them. That means that AGAIN EVERY SINGLE SCHOOL IN MY HOME STATE REJECTED ME!! No matter we both have other options and it will be that much sweeter when we come back and take over the place and show them  all what they missed!! Ohio northern is my last school to hear from, then FINALLY i will be finished with this cycle!! I was pleased to say the least this time around. Thanks to all the great support I recieved from this board. You are all awesome!! Take care - talk to you soon. I have to study some briefs!!

hey ll, i'm rejected by 1 and waitlisted by the other in my home state too