Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections  (Read 163015 times)

SplitFinger

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a real pretend lawyer now!
    • View Profile
Re: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections
« Reply #2840 on: May 08, 2006, 11:13:55 PM »
I wouldn't put too much weight on the fact that a school says it has "the highest bar passage rate in the state".  I've seen three different schools in Florida make that claim.
Emory '09

LSN

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: May 09, 2006, 09:00:04 AM »
not tier3/4 (I know  >:(), but this is my favorite thread so I thought I would let you all know -- the wait is over -- OUT at Hastings....  :-\ I was more disappointed than I anticipated.  Now I must get on to the real decision of NUSL v. Temple.

Michelle....sorry about Hastings....well.....you know where my heart lies...so I will spare you. Goodluck!

drama gal

• Sr. Citizen
  • D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: May 09, 2006, 09:52:41 AM »
Southern University Law Center is in Baton Rouge and Loyola is in New Orleans. I am an equal distance from both.  The real difference between the two is one is 3rd tier and the other is 4th.  Do you think this will make a huge difference?

Oh! That Southern University.... Go to Loyola.
The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.

Sir James Matthew Barrie

dauntless452003

• View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: May 09, 2006, 10:21:27 AM »
Dinged by Creighton.  Last one up to bat, UALR..........might be time to start greasing some palms.  ;)

Corbabe, if I had a choice between the two, I think I would go w/ Ave, they seem to be an up and comer and from what I understand are really interested in seeing their students succeed.  Good luck either way, frat bro.

cyberrev

« Reply #2844 on: May 09, 2006, 10:23:19 AM »
Dinged by Creighton.  Last one up to bat, UALR..........might be time to start greasing some palms.  ;)

Corbabe, if I had a choice between the two, I think I would go w/ Ave, they seem to be an up and comer and from what I understand are really interested in seeing their students succeed.  Good luck either way, frat bro.

creighton gave me the wood too.  speaking of wood, have you contacted dean wood at ualr?  has she given you any hope?

i like ave too, corbabe, and even though they debuted as a t4, i think their stock will rise.  they have fewer alumni, yes, but they do have a lot of $$$

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
  • make me "beautiful"...make me a perfect lie...
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2845 on: May 09, 2006, 10:46:12 AM »
I would go with Ave as well Corbabe. Your scholarship money brings it down to the cost of UDM. I also feel that they are on the rise plus I've read that their facilities are REALLY nice. I'm sure living and working in Ann Arbor is 10x better than Detroit.

P.S. I'm still pulling for you when it comes to Duq.

dauntless452003

• View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: May 09, 2006, 10:49:30 AM »
I emailed her in mid april, she advised I had a good chance of being accepted, they were simply waiting on withdrawals to start offering acceptances those whose apps were still pending.  Sounds like sort of an unofficial deferral to me.  Anyway, she said they would start sending out more acceptances the following week and that I was in the top group of those still waiting.  Haven't heard anything since, so I emailed her last wednesday for a sitrep and she hasn't emailed me back.

Interesting thing though, I got a financial aid statement from their financial aid office about a week ago.

corbabe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: May 09, 2006, 11:29:17 AM »
Hey thanks alot guys for the opinions about AVE and UDM.  I am still torn between the two.  However, I have liked what I have read about Ave and they seem to be up and coming.  I plan on visiting both schools on May 18th (UDM admitted students day) and 19th (I will swing over to Ave Maria) So hopefully it will help me to make my decision.

Dauntless SIG EP?

dauntless452003

• View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: May 09, 2006, 11:34:25 AM »
Hey thanks alot guys for the opinions about AVE and UDM.  I am still torn between the two.  However, I have liked what I have read about Ave and they seem to be up and coming.  I plan on visiting both schools on May 18th (UDM admitted students day) and 19th (I will swing over to Ave Maria) So hopefully it will help me to make my decision.

Dauntless SIG EP?

Indeed, amigo, Kansas Delta.

corbabe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: May 09, 2006, 12:58:55 PM »
cool cool, I was PA Lambda.  Best of luck