Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections  (Read 158342 times)

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections
« Reply #2780 on: May 02, 2006, 09:42:21 PM »
I bet you will, Skeptic!  You've got some good ones on your list  :-*

You know what's kinda odd?  Obviously Loyola L.A. has a waitlist... so why wouldn't they just accept me, reject me, or put me on it?  I really don't understand what it means when a school just doesn't respond, after being "in committee" for months.  Not that it matters anymore, but still curious.
Pepperdine it is.  I'm a sucker for an ocean view.

catalyst81

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: May 02, 2006, 11:01:21 PM »

You know what's kinda odd?  Obviously Loyola L.A. has a waitlist... so why wouldn't they just accept me, reject me, or put me on it?  I really don't understand what it means when a school just doesn't respond, after being "in committee" for months.  Not that it matters anymore, but still curious.

I'm in the same situation with Chapman.  The way I figure it is I'm pretty close to what they are looking for but before making the jump and accepting me they want to find out for sure whether or not some of those people with much higher numbers are going to attend.  But that still doesn't explain not being waitlisted... :-\

Skeptic

• Sr. Citizen
  • I need Radiohead tickets for show in L.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: May 03, 2006, 12:26:23 AM »

I agree with Catalyst....there are many types of applicants---those that are automatically accepted, rejected, and then there are those whom are waitlisted and those who just have to wait..

the difference between the two latter categories

those who have to wait--are offered admission based on how many matrics make the 1st Deposit deadline

those who are officially waitlisted--are offered admission based on how many matrics make 2nd Deposit deadline...

i really think, considering you've been complete for so long, that applicants like you and pinky fall within the former category that i just explained--those who just have to wait...which i think are applicants they are really considering

this info isnt my own analysis of it; its actually what some adcom told me

HTH

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #2783 on: May 03, 2006, 12:36:05 AM »
"Others have PT law related jobs, 20 hours a week, and go PT. So they get the $ plus the legal experience and contacts for their resume."

this is what i am doing...only probably 25-30 hours a week. 

Yes I want to do this also!! It looks like I won't get off the waitlist for fulltime b/c Indy is over booked, haha. Now worries though, my roomate will be jealous b/c he will have class at 9am while I have the choice of waking up a little later "although i'll probibly get up too to study".I am looking forward to it. I have already read most of my pre- class assignment, it is interesting sounds like i'm learning intro to civil procedure in civil cases.

Also i'v been going to the local court house and watching some public cases. I recommend this to anyone. I found a real interesting criminal case, about 2 idiots that were selling drugs to undercover cops, but then decided to try and rob the undercover cops!! I'm suprised that the case has been going on for 2 weeks. Their lawyers are trying everything and they are really good, but i don't know how they can truly help these guys. The female prosecuter is a killer, she scares me, lol. I love watching these cases, and I even got to talk with one of the defendant's attorneys, she was interested in why i was there etc. I think the next time I go i'll get a card from her. "never too late to start contacts!!"  ;D ;D

I think I'm going to start going to court also.  We still have the Vioxx trial going on in AC that I might check out next week.

cyberrev

« Reply #2784 on: May 03, 2006, 08:49:47 AM »
just looking at your tar, skeptic, my son is a huge radiohead fan.  got to hang out with them after a show in red rocks, co

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #2785 on: May 03, 2006, 11:55:24 AM »

I agree with Catalyst....there are many types of applicants---those that are automatically accepted, rejected, and then there are those whom are waitlisted and those who just have to wait..

those who have to wait--are offered admission based on how many matrics make the 1st Deposit deadline

those who are officially waitlisted--are offered admission based on how many matrics make 2nd Deposit deadline...

i really think, considering you've been complete for so long, that applicants like you and pinky fall within the former category that i just explained--those who just have to wait...which i think are applicants they are really considering

HTH

** REally wow. I have the same situation with 3 schools (ohio northern, duquense, Widener) 2 of them (duquense and widener) I sent out my application in October. ohio norhtern was a bit later in february, but i'm been complete since late february there. They haven't given me any response and everytime I call they said that I was seen by the admissions and I should hear in couple of weeks. Liers!!
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: May 03, 2006, 12:00:39 PM »

HTH

Wow skeptic! Thanks for that info. That def makes me feel a little more optimistic about Loyola.   :)

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: May 03, 2006, 12:02:22 PM »
Well don't know if I will call it waiting, but I'm  yet to hear from Harvard, I went there the other day and the dude i met told me that I'm still in the committee, I was wondering whether he meant committee of rejection, but he wasn't forth coming beyond that.

corbabe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: May 03, 2006, 12:38:51 PM »
latinlord, yeah I am still waiting for ohio northern and duquesne too.  I sent both of the apps on November 8th, also DUquesne in my number one choice so I am starting to get very anxious.

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #2789 on: May 03, 2006, 12:47:15 PM »
latinlord, yeah I am still waiting for ohio northern and duquesne too.  I sent both of the apps on November 8th, also DUquesne in my number one choice so I am starting to get very anxious.

I seriously hope you get in Corbe! Keep calling them and letting them know you are interested.  I just want an answer from these guys, they are soo slow!! Espeically duquesne. Widener last year was the 1st one to reject me, now they are one of the last, weird! I'll already be in class before I hear from these schools....
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!