Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections  (Read 162577 times)

cyberrev

Re: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections
« Reply #2750 on: April 28, 2006, 06:19:40 PM »
got my offical mail from fl coastal and appalachian.

did not receive my promised decision from nebraska, but they are dinging people higher than me of the deferral list, so i dont have a lot of hope.  the more i think about it, the more i want to go there.  it would make moving so much more simple and cheap, its only 80 miles away....

Skeptic

• Sr. Citizen
  • I need Radiohead tickets for show in L.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: April 28, 2006, 07:00:48 PM »
Since I have so much love for you all on this post, I wanted to post this information here as some inspiration & motivation. Someone on one of the other posts was trying to convince me (and others) that if you graduate from a t3/t4, you won't be able to find a job. When I showed him that this was untrue, he them began to argue that you wouldn't be able to find a job as a lawyer (that you would basically be a legal secretary or paralegal, temp, insurance work, etc). Well, needless to say I proved him wrong:

This is a link to a survey of law school grads of 2003. http://www.nalp.org/assets/160_selectedfindings04.pdf  178 ABA schools were surveyed out of the 186 schools accredited at the time. They had a 92% response rate. Out of the almost 37,000 grads almost 75% of them had a job where bar passage is REQUIRED (basically this means that 75% of the law grads are practicing lawyers!).

Also, don't think that the legal job market has changed much since then. The NALP released this press release in 2005: http://www.nalp.org/press/details.php?id=55

That link was a press release in 2005 that showed that the market for new law graduates is steady. In 2005, 73% of law graduates obtained a job for which bar passage is required.

So don't listen to what other people tell you & lets have faith that we will succeed.

Kool thanks pinky.  Even though thats good news, i never really pay attention to those pessemists on these boards.  I have two cousins--one graduated in 2003 from southwestern making 110k a yr and the other graduated from Chapman 2 yrs ago and has his own office, and is happy with his hours and income.  Point being; making lots of money =/= happy being a lawyer...i think a lot of people on these boards are so ambitious of making large sums of money, and thats probably their only motivation.  They go on to say that you wont get a job (when in fact they mean you wont get a 120k job).  As for myself, i am just ambitious in being happy with what i do regardless of salary.  i have a passion for law and politcs

doomkitty

« Reply #2752 on: April 28, 2006, 07:26:56 PM »
Since I have so much love for you all on this post, I wanted to post this information here as some inspiration & motivation. Someone on one of the other posts was trying to convince me (and others) that if you graduate from a t3/t4, you won't be able to find a job. When I showed him that this was untrue, he them began to argue that you wouldn't be able to find a job as a lawyer (that you would basically be a legal secretary or paralegal, temp, insurance work, etc). Well, needless to say I proved him wrong:

This is a link to a survey of law school grads of 2003. http://www.nalp.org/assets/160_selectedfindings04.pdf  178 ABA schools were surveyed out of the 186 schools accredited at the time. They had a 92% response rate. Out of the almost 37,000 grads almost 75% of them had a job where bar passage is REQUIRED (basically this means that 75% of the law grads are practicing lawyers!).

Also, don't think that the legal job market has changed much since then. The NALP released this press release in 2005: http://www.nalp.org/press/details.php?id=55

That link was a press release in 2005 that showed that the market for new law graduates is steady. In 2005, 73% of law graduates obtained a job for which bar passage is required.

So don't listen to what other people tell you & lets have faith that we will succeed.
Just so you dont forget- YOU RULE!

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: April 28, 2006, 07:30:05 PM »

Just so you dont forget- YOU RULE!

Awwwm thanks Doomkitty! So do you!  :)

IvanTrbl

• Sr. Citizen
  • ouch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: April 28, 2006, 10:21:55 PM »
Got in at U of Akron! Email notification

Congrats!!  ;D  Are you going to attend?
"I spent lots of money on birds, booze, and fast cars.  The rest I squandered." - George Best!

corbabe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: May 01, 2006, 12:40:37 PM »
accepted off of the waitlist today at NESL, I don't know much about them, but now am trying to decide between Detroit Mercy or NESL.

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: May 01, 2006, 01:13:55 PM »
i just w/d from there...they are the "last" school in Boston but i can say that my experiences with them in the admissions process have been great....they seem to have it together. and they gave me a grant!  no one else did  with my 11000 efc :D there are 5 "better" schools in boston so you might want to think about that...don't know anything about UDM so I can't compare...hopefully someone here can!
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2757 on: May 01, 2006, 01:15:45 PM »
accepted off of the waitlist today at NESL, I don't know much about them, but now am trying to decide between Detroit Mercy or NESL.

I'd have to say that I would rather live in Boston than Detroit.  But that's just me - Good luck and congrats!

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: May 01, 2006, 01:23:30 PM »

I'd have to say that I would rather live in Boston than Detroit.  But that's just me - Good luck and congrats!

me too! 
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

cultural_vacuum

« Reply #2759 on: May 01, 2006, 01:49:49 PM »

Detroit Mercy has a much better rep in Metro Detroit/Michigan than NESL will ever have in Boston. It will also cost you less because Metro Detroit is cheaper to live in. I would go to UDM if I were you.