Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections  (Read 158429 times)

flydog

Re: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections
« Reply #2610 on: April 17, 2006, 11:52:05 PM »
congrats...very exciting.
Does this mean you are going there over Miami?  You seemed so excited about Miami...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Miami... but my decision will rest on two factors: #1, whether I win the Miami on-campus housing lottery and #2, how difficult it is to transfer into Loyola's full time program. 

Congrats on Loyola Ivan. I am still waiting on them. I've heard that you CANNOT transfer from PT to FT, like you can at USD & other schools. I don't know how true that is but that's what I've heard. It kind of concerns me as well, as I applied to Loyola PT too (w. the intention of transfering to FT).

I visited Loyola a few months ago and that question came up. The answer was that it is extremely hard to transfer from PT to FT but there was no policy against transferring. I think one of our student tour guides had done that.

Skeptic

• Sr. Citizen
  • I need Radiohead tickets for show in L.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: April 18, 2006, 12:10:03 AM »
flydog, you were denied by Western State? wtf? i know you don't care cause you got into ASU but thats funny *&^% lol

kree

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ures0lastsummer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: April 18, 2006, 12:19:34 AM »
i just got waitlisted at stetson. w.t.f.
sunny: ave maria $$, drexel $$$, catholic, wvu, hofstra, drake $$
rainy: american, uf, george mason, northeastern, miami
cloudy: pittsburgh, tenn, penn state, pacific (wd), loyola chicago, stetson
still forecasting: unlv, santa clara

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=krysr

IvanTrbl

• Sr. Citizen
  • ouch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: April 18, 2006, 01:16:24 AM »
Wow.  Thanks!!!  I'm going to visit, i'll write a review, and we'll take it from there...
"I spent lots of money on birds, booze, and fast cars.  The rest I squandered." - George Best!

flydog

« Reply #2614 on: April 18, 2006, 02:22:17 AM »
flydog, you were denied by Western State? wtf? i know you don't care cause you got into ASU but thats funny *&^% lol

LOL I was rejected at almost every Tier 4 I applied to and accepted to most of my reaches. I used the same personal statement everywhere so I have no explanation. I can hold my Western State and ASU apps side by side and other than the name of the school they look the same.

Maybe this has been a good year for Tier 4 schools in CA. The admissions process is so silly it defies explanation.

The only thing i can think of is Tier 4 schools look only at numbers and the ranked schools are more willing to look at other factors.

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: April 18, 2006, 07:34:31 AM »
Today via email: in at Temple.
This is my favorite thread, so I had to post today's acceptance even if it's not tier 3/4.  I forgot that I was waiting to hear from them.  I didn't apply until late Feb when I got a fee waiver.  This complicates things a little.  I was pretty dead set on Northeastern and about to send in my seat deposit in the next few days.  I'm only holding off in hopes that I finally hear from Hastings and that it's a yes.  But Temple has a great trial program, which is a big plus for me, and Philly is pretty cheap compared to SF or Boston, so that's a plus, too.  I need to think it over for a few days.

Any opinions or advice - Temple or Northeastern???

Congrats Michelle...wow!.....well looks like it's getting harder for you day by day to decide...I'm still rooting for you to get into Hastings. on Temple Vs Northeaster, ..I don't know anything about Temple other than I have a friend that played on their basketball team...but I have heard is a great law school..but I will vote for Northeastern  ;). Well either way goodluck and let me know ..was hoping on having atleast one class mate from this board  :(.

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: April 18, 2006, 07:36:12 AM »
Guys,

I never thought I would be one of the long-shot posters on this thread but today I recieved an acceptance letter from (drum roll) Loyola Marymount (!!!!!) for evening division.  It was always my dream to attend Loyola and practice in LA and i'm glad my sh*tty LSAT score didn't prevent that.

I would never have even applied if it wasn't for all of your encouraging comments / posts, so I would like to thank you, my fellow LSDers, for the support.  I owe the position I am in now to the likes of LatinLord (in at Indiana), AH (RU Newark), and Law School Discussion in general.  Absolutely fantastic.   ;D

Way to go Ivan...Congratulations.  Loyola is a nice school....I have a friend that lives down the street from the law school...though she will be going to W & L ..but she said is a great school if you want to practice in LA

TheNewGuy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: April 18, 2006, 01:54:46 PM »
Waitlisted at Southwestern via online status check. This brings the grand total of waitlists to 6...and I am WL at tier 1's through tier 4's....I just dont get it.  ??? At least I still have a shot though...I guess?...with my stats, that's all I can ask for.

Nellbelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - jckulllman@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jckullman@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2618 on: April 18, 2006, 01:55:16 PM »
i just got waitlisted at stetson. w.t.f.

I think they must have gotten a lot of applicants or something. I thought I might at least get waitlisted but got flat out rejected. I also think they are needing to improve their diversity profile as it seems like they are letting in or waitlisting others that fall into the URM category with much lower numbers. I remember watching them last year and they seemed really up and down with their acceptances as far as numbers are concerned.

I think Maka got waitlisted as well and I thought she would definitely get in.......who knows right?
The librarian gig isn't all its cracked up to be!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=nell

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: April 18, 2006, 01:58:58 PM »
Waitlisted at Southwestern via online status check. This brings the grand total of waitlists to 6...and I am WL at tier 1's through tier 4's....I just dont get it.  ??? At least I still have a shot though...I guess?...with my stats, that's all I can ask for.

I got my WL from Southwestern last week....ironically enough (according to LSN) they let a person with a 149 LSAT in last week....  ???