Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections  (Read 158354 times)

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections
« Reply #2590 on: April 14, 2006, 09:44:49 PM »
Guys....thanks for all the support that I have received/continue to receive..this thread is the greatest on lsd... I have finally decided to attend Northeastern. Took me awhile to make up my mind but it's over.

PS: I'm still waiting to hear from Harvard.....I know is a ding....but hey I can frame the ding letter like our great Mathies did.  Mathies you are a blessing to a lot of us on here..I know how busy you are but you always find time to provide   great advice and support. Thanks man...I do appreciate and will like to definetly keep in touch if you don't mind.

flydog

« Reply #2591 on: April 14, 2006, 09:49:23 PM »
nice ass.  needs a good spanking, though  ;D

Nice Tar Rev. ;D

There is a guy on the corner a few blocks from my house who is out everyday, rain or shine. The corner is right next to the main Catholic cathedral. His sign says: "Savin for a hooker, anything helps” he gets all my spare change.

Haha! That's hilarous!

Matthies, as I think you know, I've been waitlisted at USD for the part time program. My letter says that I can submit any additional documentation that I feel may help my case. What kind of things do you think I should submit (like what types of information will help my case the most)?

And this may be more like fortune-telling but what are someone's chances of getting off the waitlist? At most schools (excluding tier 1s), is there a lot of movement on the waitlist? Or should I just plan on attending another law school because my chances of getting in aren't too great? On LSN, it looks like, out of the 17 PT applications that have been accepted, at least 5 will not be attending USD. Do you think this is indicative that there will be a lot of movement from the waitlist?

Any insight would be great. I know your extremely busy so THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all your help. It means a lot to us all. :)

I was waitlisted at USD today but I will be withdrawing so maybe that will help. Usually waitlist = no money

According to LSN out of 42 WL, 6 were accepted

My letter said they received 5200 apps this year for 320 spots. Thats a lot of applications

Thanks Flydog. Did you apply for the FT prgm or the PT prgm?

LOL I dont remember and the letter doesnt say. It was one of those what the heck apps I sent in so long ago im sure its turned yellow sitting in their file cabinet. Probably full time.

kree

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ures0lastsummer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: April 15, 2006, 12:18:44 AM »
got my acceptance letter from drake today. no mention of $$ yet. i'm not so sure about all the tornadoes there.....
sunny: ave maria $$, drexel $$$, catholic, wvu, hofstra, drake $$
rainy: american, uf, george mason, northeastern, miami
cloudy: pittsburgh, tenn, penn state, pacific (wd), loyola chicago, stetson
still forecasting: unlv, santa clara

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=krysr

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #2593 on: April 15, 2006, 02:42:07 PM »
Guys....thanks for all the support that I have received/continue to receive..this thread is the greatest on lsd... I have finally decided to attend Northeastern. Took me awhile to make up my mind but it's over.

PS: I'm still waiting to hear from Harvard.....I know is a ding....but hey I can frame the ding letter like our great Mathies did.  Mathies you are a blessing to a lot of us on here..I know how busy you are but you always find time to provide   great advice and support. Thanks man...I do appreciate and will like to definetly keep in touch if you don't mind.

Wow all throughout this process I thought you were going to end up at Suffolk. Great choice on Northeastern!! I guess the cycle is finally comming to an end for us. People are starting to give their notices. I am 99.9999% sure i'm going to Indiana, unless duquense give me a full scholarship (haha yea right) I already found and put a deposit on an apt. So it is bascially over. Wow what a great exciting cycle, I can't believe that in a month from now i'll be in class for my summer session.!! wow.
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

IvanTrbl

• Sr. Citizen
  • ouch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: April 15, 2006, 02:49:51 PM »
Yes, things are wrapping up for me as well.  USD waitlist in the mail today, so Miami, here I come!!  Honestly, though, between San Diego, LA, and Miami, could I have really stood to be a loser?
"I spent lots of money on birds, booze, and fast cars.  The rest I squandered." - George Best!

sofa king

• View Profile
« Reply #2595 on: April 17, 2006, 12:23:13 PM »
Hi all,

I just got back from another big trip, to the East Coast. I looked at four schools, and as usual, liked them all. I went to an admitted students day at Franklin Pierce, and thought it was a very nice under-ranked school. Northeastern's law school facilities weren't great, but I loved Boston and the rest of the school's facilities (gym, pool) plus the location plus the co-op make it a great school - but I haven't heard from them yet. Boy did I love Boston, though - we had drinks at the top of the Prudential building and saw how close Northeastern is from Fenway Park. I also confronted and conquered a childhood fear of riding the MTA (long story).

I visited Drexel, and I'm convinced it will be accredited (hell, Liberty was just accredted) and have a solid reputation, and I was impressed with the deans, the staff, and the city of Philadelphia. But as I drove aimlessly through the suburbs (where I would have to live with my enclave of pets) and spent seven hours fighting Friday traffic to get up to New England, I realized the transition to the Philadelphia area might be too tough for me after spending 14 years in Wyoming/Idaho  (also a major concern with Boston, bit even with bad traffic there I was able to get to beautiful spots in New Hampshire and Vermont in under three hours). I also quickly drove through Hartford and checked out UConn, where my application has been complete for over two months but no word. I wonder if the fact that practically everything in Hartford was named after an ancestor of mine will make a difference in their selection process.

Meanwhile, I received my official acceptence from Oregon, and also got into University of San Francisco. I got rejected from Georgetown (shocker), and waitlisted at Seattle - that was a disappointing surprise, but probably won't have any effect on my life.

Right now I'm deciding between Oregon and Franklin Pierce, with a few reaches still outstanding. I know Oregon is ranked significantly higher, but I think FP has a great regional reputation and I would be happy in northern New England for a long time. Just can't decide between west or east coast.

Hope everyone has some good news as we near the end of this cycle.

And I also wanted to say thanks to Matthies for his help as a current student, oh and also lostmymonkeys.

IvanTrbl

• Sr. Citizen
  • ouch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: April 17, 2006, 03:58:01 PM »
Guys,

I never thought I would be one of the long-shot posters on this thread but today I recieved an acceptance letter from (drum roll) Loyola Marymount (!!!!!) for evening division.  It was always my dream to attend Loyola and practice in LA and i'm glad my sh*tty LSAT score didn't prevent that.

I would never have even applied if it wasn't for all of your encouraging comments / posts, so I would like to thank you, my fellow LSDers, for the support.  I owe the position I am in now to the likes of LatinLord (in at Indiana), AH (RU Newark), and Law School Discussion in general.  Absolutely fantastic.   ;D

"I spent lots of money on birds, booze, and fast cars.  The rest I squandered." - George Best!

IvanTrbl

• Sr. Citizen
  • ouch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: April 17, 2006, 04:18:59 PM »
congrats...very exciting.
Does this mean you are going there over Miami?  You seemed so excited about Miami...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Miami... but my decision will rest on two factors: #1, whether I win the Miami on-campus housing lottery and #2, how difficult it is to transfer into Loyola's full time program. 

cyberrev

« Reply #2598 on: April 17, 2006, 06:08:11 PM »
i am seriously unhappy that i havent received any law-school related mail from my pendings for two weeks.  11 pendings, 3 deferrals, and nothing.   >:(

michelleinsea

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: April 17, 2006, 09:02:38 PM »
Today via email: in at Temple.
This is my favorite thread, so I had to post today's acceptance even if it's not tier 3/4.  I forgot that I was waiting to hear from them.  I didn't apply until late Feb when I got a fee waiver.  This complicates things a little.  I was pretty dead set on Northeastern and about to send in my seat deposit in the next few days.  I'm only holding off in hopes that I finally hear from Hastings and that it's a yes.  But Temple has a great trial program, which is a big plus for me, and Philly is pretty cheap compared to SF or Boston, so that's a plus, too.  I need to think it over for a few days.

Any opinions or advice - Temple or Northeastern???