Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections  (Read 162014 times)

Nellbelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - jckulllman@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jckullman@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections
« Reply #2440 on: April 05, 2006, 02:06:37 PM »
First rejection today........after all that complaining. :o Well at least I have some kind of answer. It was from Stetson so I was pretty much expecting it, but at least I know!

Rev, Did you pay to apply for Fl coastal? It should have been free if you did the paper form or did it through their website. You might be just talking about the lsac report though.

Well that would be nice if everything, rejection or not arrived in the next couple of days although I pretty much have my decision made now that Stetson's ding is in.

The librarian gig isn't all its cracked up to be!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=nell

muharulz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: April 05, 2006, 03:10:10 PM »
no mail again today... getting very very frustrated

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: April 05, 2006, 03:14:17 PM »
me too!  >:( >:(

im sorry nell  :-\
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

Nellbelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - jckulllman@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jckullman@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2443 on: April 05, 2006, 05:59:33 PM »
Thanks Maka, but after seeing your waitlist, I knew it was a rejection they were going to be sending me. I am almost relieved in a way as it would have put me in a decision conundrum of sorts.

Hopefully they will start pulling off their waitlist soon for you!
The librarian gig isn't all its cracked up to be!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=nell

OneAppAtATime

• View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: April 05, 2006, 10:53:21 PM »
 ;D

It took seconds for Gov. Bob Taft to make the UT-MUO merger a reality, but leaders say the effects of combining the two institutions should be beneficial for years to come.

“Toledo has been fortunate to be home to two world-class institutions of higher learning and research,” Taft said. “As they join forces today, this region will benefit from an even more powerful leader for student learning …”

Taft signed House Bill 478 that combines the two institutions in a March 31 ceremony in Doermann Theater. More than 400 people were on hand for the historic moment.

The merger will be effective July 1. It will make the new UT the third largest university in the state in terms of operating budget and one of 17 public universities in the country that has colleges of business, education, engineering, law, medicine and pharmacy.

“This is a historic combination, for this is the first merger of two public educational institutions in Ohio,” said James Tuschman, a member of the Ohio Board of Regents and former chair of the UT board of trustees. “Together these two institutions will increase substantially the return of Ohio higher education investment.”

UT President Dan Johnson said, “For our students and all those we serve, I take great pride in saying that you are the reason we are here today. This ceremony is about your future. It is also about the future of this very special University, the future of our wonderful city of Toledo, and the future of our great state of Ohio.”

“Our success, indeed our survival, is inextricably linked to the city, the region and the state,” said Dr. Lloyd Jacobs, MUO president who will become president of the combined institution.

“Our mission is to improve the human condition,” Jacobs said. “Our mantra will be ‘dedicated to excellence.’”

The merger will create an institution with:

• An enrollment of 23,000 students;

• Research funding approaching $60 million;

• A work force of more than 7,000;

• An economic impact in northwest Ohio of more than $700 million; and

• More than 100,000 alumni.

To watch the ceremony, go to http://video.utoledo.edu.
Decision: Toledo (Full Scholarship)

flydog

« Reply #2445 on: April 06, 2006, 02:48:09 AM »
Just wanted to add that there's definitely NO assurance that you'll get better grades at a lower ranked school.  A LOT of students who get scholarships to tier 3 & 4 schools, don't end up keeping them.  :-\  Free ride for the first year, then pay through the nose for years 2 & 3.

I'm leaning towards my tier 2 acceptance over my tier 4.  (I think... ???)

ok tell me how you know a lot dont keep their scholarships. I tried to find out and it was all top secret hush hush. Your post makes it sounds like you wouldnt be likely to have your scholarship renewed. Keep in mind that Whittier has other scholarships, grants, writing competitions, and you could even get a full or partial scholarship the 3rd year if you lost it the 2nd year. No matter what happens your total cost is still less than Pepperdine especially when factoring living expenses.

If you feel Pepperdine would be able to make up the difference in cost with a better salary after graduation it would make sense but that probably wouldnt be the case for most people. Also Pepperdine would be a long commute unless you happen to own beach property in Malibu in which case I need to point out I am still looking for sugar mommy.

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: April 06, 2006, 12:23:09 PM »
FYI, most likely I am going to give up my seat & my scholarship $$$ @ Whittier. I hope this helps one of you on the waitlist out.

And maybe this will bring me good karma for the last 3 schools I am waiting on.   :)

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: April 06, 2006, 05:21:22 PM »
I can't remember where you said you might be going instead of Whittier, Pinky  ???

As for not keeping scholarships...  it's just what I've been hearing... supossedly Whittier has a super difficult curve.  I'm not a big math person, so I can't explain the details, but Law school is so different from undergrad, that I think it's safe to assume none of us know exactly how well we'll perform.  The style of learning, writing and testing is very different.  It's great if you get to renew a scholarship for 3 years, but we just need to remember they only promise for the 1st year.  Yep - Malibu is expensive.  Probably have to live in a nearby community if I choose Pepperdine... I'm not loaded with money.  :P  I'm going to the open house tomorrow at Pep - maybe that will help  :o

I'll probably give up my Chapman seat next week - maybe that will help someone too  :-*
Pepperdine it is.  I'm a sucker for an ocean view.

kree

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ures0lastsummer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: April 06, 2006, 05:39:40 PM »
as for scholarships for the second year, some schools (i don't know how many but a few of them i have looked at) base it primarily on rank. but, this also means that, if you don't get a scholarship your first year, but work to get in the top 5-25% of the class, you could get a partial scholarship for your second year. not too shabby for those of us who aren't getting scholarships now!
sunny: ave maria $$, drexel $$$, catholic, wvu, hofstra, drake $$
rainy: american, uf, george mason, northeastern, miami
cloudy: pittsburgh, tenn, penn state, pacific (wd), loyola chicago, stetson
still forecasting: unlv, santa clara

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=krysr

jashdey

« Reply #2449 on: April 06, 2006, 09:38:22 PM »
So I'm mailing in my withdrawl form to USF tomorrow...for those of you still waiting for them, I hope this may help!