Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections  (Read 163316 times)

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
Re: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections
« Reply #2380 on: April 02, 2006, 05:53:49 PM »
what made the temple rejection so troubling is the fact that they actually ask if you have any relatives that have attended temple. 

i am an alum.  my father received TWO doctorates from temple.  my cousin is an alum of the med school.  hell, they even give an award out in my father's name.  temple is a tradition in my family.  it is likely that tradition will end with me.  i was not too upset, but my family was. 

Wow that is pretty extreme , especially since they give an award in your fathers name!! Did you tell them about this in your statement??! wow I would call them and at least b*tch them out a bit.Temple is trying more than any other school to get into first tier they are majorly LSAT prone. That SPACE program is a joke! Wow no love from the school/city of brotherly love, no love! boooo
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

cyberrev

« Reply #2381 on: April 02, 2006, 06:05:07 PM »
what made the temple rejection so troubling is the fact that they actually ask if you have any relatives that have attended temple. 

i am an alum.  my father received TWO doctorates from temple.  my cousin is an alum of the med school.  hell, they even give an award out in my father's name.  temple is a tradition in my family.  it is likely that tradition will end with me.  i was not too upset, but my family was. 

i would write them and tell them how disappointed you are, listing the above.  whether it does any good or not is immaterial, they should be told how you feel

shaz

• Sr. Citizen
  • University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: April 02, 2006, 06:52:11 PM »
L. Waldo Rich Memorial Fund

Established in 1978 by the family of L. Waldo Rich, EDU '67, '72, former College of Education faculty member, to provide for an award to the most outstanding member of the graduating class majoring in secondary education and/or mathematics.

his work:

Black Mathematicians and Their Works
edited by Virginia Newell, Joella Gipson, L. Waldo Rich, Beauregard Stubblefield, published by Dorrance, 1980.
The departmental copy is on the shelves in the departmental office, or you can get it by interlibrary loan.
It contains research papers of African-american mathematicians as well as brief biographies in the back. After the biographies is a very interesting appendix of letters regarding the rights of mathematicians to attend conferences in their field.

Communicating mathematics to the disadvantaged (Temple University. College of Education. Triple "T" Project monograph series) (Temple University. College of Education. Triple "T" Project monograph series)
By
L. Waldo Rich

that's not a bad start to a career. 
losin' sleep, gainin' knowledge.

MrSmittie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rebel Law - why what happens in Vegas stays here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: April 03, 2006, 12:05:42 PM »
Congats to all!

In at Southwestern on Friday afternoon via large white envelope.
1L Boyd Law - UNLV
I'm so old - I went to preschool with God.

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: April 03, 2006, 12:16:08 PM »
Congats to all!

In at Southwestern on Friday afternoon via large white envelope.

Congrats on SW! I am still waiting on them.  :-\

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: April 03, 2006, 12:35:49 PM »
I think you're gonna get in Pinky!  ;)
Pepperdine it is.  I'm a sucker for an ocean view.

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: April 03, 2006, 12:37:29 PM »
I think you're gonna get in Pinky!  ;)

Thank! I hope so; I just don't know what could be taking them so long. I applied in early Nov! Maybe they are considering me for the pt program...? I did check the box that said I would consider either program...

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: April 03, 2006, 12:46:02 PM »
Congrats on SW..good school...goodluck on that Pinky

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: April 03, 2006, 12:56:13 PM »
I just found out that I didn't get a scholarship for pepperdine - so I'm hoping the financial aid office will be able to figure out how I can get enough loans to cover the expenses.  I have bad credit, so I can't take out private loans.  If anyone knows anything about the new Grad Loan (not sure of the exact name) - let me know...  I don't know why I always assumed federal loans would cover law school...  :-\
Pepperdine it is.  I'm a sucker for an ocean view.

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: April 03, 2006, 12:58:35 PM »
I just found out that I didn't get a scholarship for pepperdine - so I'm hoping the financial aid office will be able to figure out how I can get enough loans to cover the expenses.  I have bad credit, so I can't take out private loans.  If anyone knows anything about the new Grad Loan (not sure of the exact name) - let me know...  I don't know why I always assumed federal loans would cover law school...  :-\

I don't know much about the new federal loan, other than I think it's called a PLUS loan. I'm sorry that you didn't get the scholarship but at least you'll be attending an amazing law school in a beautiful part of CA