Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections  (Read 162918 times)

jashdey

Re: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections
« Reply #2300 on: March 29, 2006, 05:16:44 PM »
And included my LSAC and SS numbers. So email seems to be fine.

For future reference, you probably don't want to include your SS number in email, since it isn't necessarily secure.  They should be able to figure out who you are by name and LSAC number alone.

(Yes, I'm paranoid.  8) )

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
  • make me "beautiful"...make me a perfect lie...
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2301 on: March 29, 2006, 05:26:10 PM »
And included my LSAC and SS numbers. So email seems to be fine.

For future reference, you probably don't want to include your SS number in email, since it isn't necessarily secure.  They should be able to figure out who you are by name and LSAC number alone.

(Yes, I'm paranoid.  8) )
cosigned.

Xmaize

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2302 on: March 29, 2006, 06:10:33 PM »
I wish withdrawing was my problem! I'm out at UNC today. Something I've been expecting all along...but now its real. Being in at nowhere at the end of March has me absolutely scared and frusterated....advice?? Support?? :-\
GOTCHA:....:(
THANKS FOR TAKING MY APP $$: Temple, Denver, Loyola Chicago, DePaul, Drexel, Penn State, Northeastern, UNC, Santa Clara
BEING PAINFULLY PATIENT: NCCU, UNLV (PT), GSU (PT)
WAITLIST: Suffolk, NESL

AH

• LSD Obsessed
  • but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #2303 on: March 29, 2006, 06:16:07 PM »
There's still hope xmaize!  I am wdrawing from NESL, so hopefully that will open up some room fo you!  They seem like a great school and the staff is really supportive!
Quote from: Stanley James Watson III
I <3 AH.
the official gettin' busy poster of the OPC!
Official Realistic Numbers Holder of the Revolution
Quote from: Groundhog
honorary fellow LSD rodent.
www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=arhodg

jashdey

« Reply #2304 on: March 29, 2006, 06:18:40 PM »
Xmaize -
Santa Clara's first seat deposit is due by 5pm on April 1, so I expect there will be a lot more decisions coming from them starting next week.  I imagine a lot of other schools will be doing the same here as well once their first batch of acceptances submit seat deposits.

OneAppAtATime

• View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: March 29, 2006, 06:34:54 PM »
Hi everyone.  I received an acceptance e-mail from Toledo yesterday.  I am so excited.  

I find it interesting that I was rejected from Michigan State, Tulsa, and Memphis.  Oh well.

I will never understand the admission system.
Decision: Toledo (Full Scholarship)

Xmaize

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2306 on: March 29, 2006, 06:44:12 PM »
There's still hope xmaize!  I am wdrawing from NESL, so hopefully that will open up some room fo you!  They seem like a great school and the staff is really supportive!

AH! You rock my world girl.I've read a lot of what you have written on here and frankly, you remind me of me. If you say it, it must be true! haha.
I spent the last hour of work reading an old post regarding loosing weight before law school. I'm trying to tone up a bit too...how's that going? Congrats on the W&M WL!

Matthies,
You've helped me a ton so far, I'm sure you don't know that...but...someone with similar numbers with great advice and who is doing well in law school is an inspiration!

I've considered what will happen if I dont get in anywhere this year. I'm SO not okay with it! Haha. I think I'll be okay somehow. I'm visiting NCCU this Friday - I hope I can make a good impression and convery my interest. (I WANT to go there). I get frusterated when I see kids with 156/2.7 getting into T2 schools. Should I have slacked in college and focused on my LSAT even back then? I just don't get that. I think someone (NCCU) will look beyond the LSAT to my grades, WE, volunteer work and great recs.
Thanks guys!!! :D
THANKS FOR TAKING MY APP $$: Temple, Denver, Loyola Chicago, DePaul, Drexel, Penn State, Northeastern, UNC, Santa Clara

Xmaize

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2307 on: March 29, 2006, 07:24:46 PM »
Matthies,
I need a bit of help with visits. I am visiting NCCU this weekend (down there to say hi to the parents and go out with some friends) even though I've not been accepted. Is it appropriate to try to meet memebers of the admissions committee? Professors? The Dean? I'd like to express my interest...I just don't know what is appropriate. I know you are an avdocate of letters of continued interest...however...when I called to sched. my visit, the woman on the phone offered to check my app. I've been reviewed by the Asst.Dean and was just passed onto the committee. I was told it could be 3 more weeks. Still okay to write a letter? Sorry, I just don't know what to expect and I want to have a positive impact on my app if at all possible. Feel free to PM me if its easier...whenever...I know you must have studying to do! Thanks!
X

kree

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ures0lastsummer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: March 29, 2006, 08:22:47 PM »
waitlisted at pacific...withdrew
sunny: ave maria $$, drexel $$$, catholic, wvu, hofstra, drake $$
rainy: american, uf, george mason, northeastern, miami
cloudy: pittsburgh, tenn, penn state, pacific (wd), loyola chicago, stetson
still forecasting: unlv, santa clara

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=krysr

AH

• LSD Obsessed
  • but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #2309 on: March 29, 2006, 08:54:08 PM »
THANKS MATTHIES!!!!!!!

X-
;D  Thanks for the congrats!  I'm glad to find another kindred spirit. ;)  Like I said, NESL seems great (I did some research on them and they have a lot going for them) and their location in Boston is definitely cool.  If only I could request who my spot went to!  Losing weight is an uphill battle, but I actually just got a lecture today from nonbf who said I was in fact doing well, so I'll take him at his word.  I still have a long way to go, though.
Quote from: Stanley James Watson III
I <3 AH.
the official gettin' busy poster of the OPC!
Official Realistic Numbers Holder of the Revolution
Quote from: Groundhog
honorary fellow LSD rodent.
www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=arhodg