« Reply #1090 on: February 12, 2006, 07:18:53 PM »
DING at University of Saint Thomas (Minnesota) chalk it up on the list  :-X

bastards!  not even waitlisted?

kmpnj

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections
« Reply #1091 on: February 12, 2006, 08:40:58 PM »
Here's to another week of stalking the mailbox.

« Reply #1092 on: February 12, 2006, 08:43:53 PM »
You're right of course - jax is not hot and humid all year round but few places are.

Have you guys moved to baymeadows yet?

Local color: when I was in the fifth grade, my best friend's french bulldog had the misfortune of being eaten by an alligator. They are way quicker than you think.  :'(

Haha - I lived in Jax until 2002, and when I was a kid my cat got eaten by an alligator.  My mom told me that he was sick and just died, but a few years ago she told me the truth.  Apparently one of our neighbors saw it. 
Jacksonville isn't that bad of a place to live.  It's hot and humid, but there's usually a good seabreeze and there are some really pretty parts.  There are worse places to spend a few years.  Just don't let your small animals out of your sight when you live on the edge of a lake. :(

« Reply #1093 on: February 12, 2006, 08:50:31 PM »
Is anyone planning on attending Florida Coastal?

i just visited there for the tour this weekend.. it was encouraging!

What is Jacksonville like?  I don't think I could live there...

It's HOT. And HUMID. There is very little to do if you don't like being out in the hot weather. Actually, there isn't that much to do regardless. If you think that the predominant culture won't be "southern" just because it's in Florida, think again. Thank god for air conditioning and Barnes and Noble.  :P

Based on your answer I KNOW I could not live there.  Thanks

I am currently attending FCSL.... if there is anything I can help with.

And Jax is very definitley not hot and humid all the time.  So far this winter we have hit in the 40's a few times, 50s on a regular basis, and 60's with a cold breeze. Been this way for a few months. Of course wearing shorts and flip flops on new years day was a nice plus :)

I bet you are lower than 40's or 50's tonight! and tomorrow night. I know we are down here, north of Tampa.

jashdey

« Reply #1094 on: February 12, 2006, 11:32:09 PM »
Here's to another week of stalking the mailbox.

Totally.  Though I leave on Friday to be out of the country (I just like saying that) until March, so if nothing comes through this week, I will have to try to forget about it for awhile.  (sigh.)

Congrats to everyone who's received admits this week, and to those who've received other info - better days will come!

« Reply #1095 on: February 13, 2006, 04:17:45 AM »
You're right of course - jax is not hot and humid all year round but few places are.

Local color: when I was in the fifth grade, my best friend's french bulldog had the misfortune of being eaten by an alligator. They are way quicker than you think.  :'(

Haven't moved yet, but it's under construction and still on track for us to move by the start of summer classes.

The other thing about Jax that I have learned since I moved here, is that no matter what it is like outside, you have to dress for inside weather.  They crank the AC all day every day, even if its 30 degrees out (like this morning) so if you need to dress like you are going into a blizzard just to try to stay comfortable.

« Reply #1096 on: February 13, 2006, 07:31:05 AM »

Haven't moved yet, but it's under construction and still on track for us to move by the start of summer classes.

The other thing about Jax that I have learned since I moved here, is that no matter what it is like outside, you have to dress for inside weather.  They crank the AC all day every day, even if its 30 degrees out (like this morning) so if you need to dress like you are going into a blizzard just to try to stay comfortable.

lostmy:  i went to jax last weekend to visit the school.  When we were about to begin our tour outside the admissions office, the admissions person introduced us to someone who was a student there..The student told us how great the school is, etc, and as we were leaving she said "don't live where they tell you"

Can you shed some light on that?  I went to Leasing Jacksonville per FL Coastal's suggestion, and they highlighted some places in the touchton/gate area.  Would you recommend that area? Any horror stories?  I was told to avoid baymeadows near the new school location

thanks

« Reply #1097 on: February 13, 2006, 07:55:02 AM »
Waitlisted @ Albany (not too bad considering my 4 rejections last week, maybe this week will be the total opposite!!!!!)

cyberrev

« Reply #1098 on: February 13, 2006, 07:58:41 AM »
Waitlisted @ Albany (not too bad considering my 4 rejections last week, maybe this week will be the total opposite!!!!!)

one of the few schools we dont have in common.  nothing from ndak yet?

matts720

• Let's Go Nova!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1099 on: February 13, 2006, 08:00:01 AM »
Accepted at Michigan State by way of a phone call.