Law School Discussion

Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections

Re: Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections
« Reply #960 on: February 06, 2006, 06:23:00 PM »
Dinged @ USF...  :'(

It wasn't anywhere near my first choice but I felt like I had an ok shot of getting in there.....

« Reply #961 on: February 06, 2006, 06:45:35 PM »
i'm sorry pinky  :-\

and J i hear you on the second guessing - happens to me more than it should...the cold reality of the "numbers game" f-ing sucks

kmpnj

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #962 on: February 06, 2006, 07:52:30 PM »
Man, rejections just f-ing hurt.  These admission committees have me questioning my desire to go to law school.  My GPA is somewhat misleading.  I went to school for six semesters, racked up a bunch of W's and a 1.96 GPA.  I came back to school after three years and finished out a different degree in 3 semesters and summer school and got a 3.87 in 17 classes.  I ended up with a 2.56 and three good letters of recommendation.  I thought for sure this would be viewed as two different students.  I applied to 9 schools total.  I've been accepted into my two safeties but rejected from 2 of my top 4.  I haven't heard from the other five yet.  One of the schools that rejected me was a tier 2 in my state.  Not a hold, not even a waitlist, just a straight up rejection.  My LSAT was above their 75th percentile.  I didn't want to believe it but I'm starting to think that this whole process is just about numbers.  I began to even question if I wanted to even go to one of these two safeties I've gotten into.  After calming down I decided to view these two acceptances as a blessing rather than a curse.  If the trend continues I'm going to take the opportunity to attend my tier 4 in-state law school.  I will use this pain of rejection as motivation.  It just f-ing hurts, got me questioning myself.

You and I have similar stories, although you did better on the LSAT than I did.  Don't give up on your dream.  Go to the T4 school, kick ass and transfer if you want to.  That's my plan.  If I get rejected from all the schools I want to go to, then I'll go to Widener, kick the crap out of the 1st year program and transfer to a better school.  Or, I'll just edit the law review at Widener.  Either way, I refuse to be defined by a stupid test given over one 4 hour period. 

AH

• but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #963 on: February 06, 2006, 08:11:34 PM »
AMEN kmpnj.

I can see myself being very happy at Syracuse right now.  I will just have to bust my ass and prove yet another supposed predicator of success wrong. ;)

drama gal

• D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: February 06, 2006, 08:15:34 PM »
Man, rejections just f-ing hurt.  These admission committees have me questioning my desire to go to law school.  My GPA is somewhat misleading.  I went to school for six semesters, racked up a bunch of W's and a 1.96 GPA.  I came back to school after three years and finished out a different degree in 3 semesters and summer school and got a 3.87 in 17 classes.  I ended up with a 2.56 and three good letters of recommendation.  I thought for sure this would be viewed as two different students.  I applied to 9 schools total.  I've been accepted into my two safeties but rejected from 2 of my top 4.  I haven't heard from the other five yet.  One of the schools that rejected me was a tier 2 in my state.  Not a hold, not even a waitlist, just a straight up rejection.  My LSAT was above their 75th percentile.  I didn't want to believe it but I'm starting to think that this whole process is just about numbers.  I began to even question if I wanted to even go to one of these two safeties I've gotten into.  After calming down I decided to view these two acceptances as a blessing rather than a curse.  If the trend continues I'm going to take the opportunity to attend my tier 4 in-state law school.  I will use this pain of rejection as motivation.  It just f-ing hurts, got me questioning myself.

There is no need to 2nd guess yourself or beat yourself up.  You knew what you were doing when you applied to so many schools, this is a crap shoot.  You got into 2 safties, so you achieved your basic goal, getting into law school.  Remember, nearly half of law school applicants are not accepted to any of the schools they applied to.  There are also people who post on this board who have no acceptances yet.  Take it all in stride, because no matter what, you will be going to law school. :) And also do not forget, you can transfer after 1L.

« Reply #965 on: February 06, 2006, 08:39:59 PM »
like latinlord, i too was dinged at Rutgers-Newark. pretty humiliated even though i know i would never really go there (im a southern girl at heart)

J-Forizzle

• Chiggity Check Yourself
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: February 06, 2006, 08:57:40 PM »
Thanks for the kind words.  I think it's very easy to fall in love with the idea of going to your top school.  My first response was an acceptance (which was a huge relief), then I built myself up and began to think that I was a shoe in at the two schools that eventually dinged me without any hope.  I don't mind the t4 that I've been accepted into, a law degree from any university is still a law degree.  I just put myself in position for this huge disappointment.  I actually started to believe the hype.  My own greatness hype.  At the end of the day I think these rejections really bring the reasons behind my ambition for earning a J.D. to the forefront. Do I really want to be in position to help people, or was this disappointment brought about because of the thought of earning less money when graduating from a lower ranked school.  I start to wonder if I'm a fraud, saying all the right things when being asked "why law school" while at the same time having an alterior motive in the back of my mind.  I do want to make a difference, and I do agree being offered admission to any law school should be viewed as the honor it is.  It's only a disappointment if you fool yourself into thinking that what you have isn't enough.  I'll be the hardest working motherf-er in that t4.  Good Luck to the ones who really want it, who live and die with each decision that enters their mailbox.    

jashdey

« Reply #967 on: February 06, 2006, 11:00:19 PM »
J - I can relate.  I was actually much more healthy about the decision to go to law school and taking the LSAT before I found this frickin' website.  Now I'm paranoid.   :D  I am trying to remember the reasons why I chose to apply to law school rather than get continually sucked into the hype - especially considering that I'm non-trad and the hype wouldn't apply very well to me, anyway.

Pinky, I'm sorry about the USF rejection.  May I ask when you applied?

Jontor

• View Profile
« Reply #968 on: February 07, 2006, 03:13:19 AM »
J - I can relate.  I was actually much more healthy about the decision to go to law school and taking the LSAT before I found this frickin' website.  Now I'm paranoid.   :D  I am trying to remember the reasons why I chose to apply to law school rather than get continually sucked into the hype - especially considering that I'm non-trad and the hype wouldn't apply very well to me, anyway.

Exactly how I feel....before I took the LSAT I would have been more than hapy to attend any ABA accreditated Law school didn't know sh**T about T1 T4 or T-whatever...then I was doomed when I discovered this great website before my actual lsat exam then paranoia kicked in. I have been accepted to 2 schools....one gave me some good money..i should be celebrating but look at me, I'm here dreaming of getting into a T1.....but all said..I know for me it's an honor been accepted into a Law School..if only I can remember to pinch myself everytime I start dreaming of T1(something I didn't know exist last october).  Goodluck to all will go back to bed now and hopefully won't dream of been accepted to Harvard.

« Reply #969 on: February 07, 2006, 06:02:25 AM »
DING DING DING at Northern Kentucky and I was put on "HOLD at Saint Mary's.  I guess the good thing as that neither of these were my top choices, but not getting any acceptances lately is really starting to take its toll.  But Alot of my top choices are still left so I am hoping for a miracle.  At least I know I am going to law school somewhere though