Law School Discussion

Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections

Re: Tier 3 and 4 Aceptances and Rejections
« Reply #940 on: February 05, 2006, 01:15:20 AM »
In at Chapman.  I'm jazzed - it's probably the school I want to attend most.  I'd go to Davis or Pepperdine over Chapman because of rankings, but I wouldn't do it happily.

Anyhow, I am a bit dissapointed in the offer:  50% first year tuition.  I assume this means it is not renewable, which bums me out, and it's not a full ride, which bums me out even more.  No big deal--at least I got in!

drama gal

• D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: February 05, 2006, 07:49:29 AM »
In at Chapman.  I'm jazzed - it's probably the school I want to attend most.  I'd go to Davis or Pepperdine over Chapman because of rankings, but I wouldn't do it happily.

Anyhow, I am a bit dissapointed in the offer:  50% first year tuition.  I assume this means it is not renewable, which bums me out, and it's not a full ride, which bums me out even more.  No big deal--at least I got in!

Congrats on getting into your top choice!  As far as the $$ offer, you could always ask for more.  Afterall, you having nothing to lose, you've already been accepted.  :D

« Reply #942 on: February 06, 2006, 06:00:24 AM »
i'm not sure if I posted this yet but I got an "acceptance pending" letter from VALPO LAW on friday, the letter says that it is a step higher than the traditional waitlist.  So I am taking this as good news.  GOOD Luck everyone this week on all your apps.

kmpnj

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #943 on: February 06, 2006, 06:19:02 AM »
Another week of waiting begins...Good Luck everyone.

cyberrev

« Reply #944 on: February 06, 2006, 06:29:34 AM »
i'm not sure if I posted this yet but I got an "acceptance pending" letter from VALPO LAW on friday, the letter says that it is a step higher than the traditional waitlist.  So I am taking this as good news.  GOOD Luck everyone this week on all your apps.

hey corbabe, i hear und stuff is coming out this week, they told me to expect a letter today!

« Reply #945 on: February 06, 2006, 06:35:28 AM »
that is good news corbabe!

since my last three decisions have been dings...i'm not pissed at an empty mailbox as i once was  :)

« Reply #946 on: February 06, 2006, 07:11:31 AM »
Thanks for the update cyber.  Now I am sure I will be even more nervous heading to the mailbox after work. 

Maka I know what you mean...  :-X

latinlord

• Attorney at Law in Philadelphia Law Firm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #947 on: February 06, 2006, 10:33:08 AM »
Today was so far the most painful rejection. I got denied my Rutgers- Newark. People kept telling me how good a shot I had b/c they  are extremely favorable toward minorities. Obviously not to this one. I swear I actually had a dream last night that I got denied from Rutgers I guess it was really a preminition. This has been an all around bad week not only b/c of denials but other things too. I am trying to look up, but today was by far the toughest denial yet. I am right now going to the gym to try and work off todays disapointment.   :'( >:(

AH

• but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #948 on: February 06, 2006, 10:37:13 AM »
That sucks latinlord!  You have plenty of schools left though!

« Reply #949 on: February 06, 2006, 10:40:15 AM »
Today was so far the most painful rejection. I got denied my Rutgers- Newark. People kept telling me how good a shot I had b/c they  are extremely favorable toward minorities. Obviously not to this one. I swear I actually had a dream last night that I got denied from Rutgers I guess it was really a preminition. This has been an all around bad week not only b/c of denials but other things too. I am trying to look up, but today was by far the toughest denial yet. I am right now going to the gym to try and work off todays disapointment.   :'( >:(

I am so sorry. I'm still rooting for you though. Keep your head up.  :)