Law School Discussion

Tier 3 and 4 Acceptances and Rejections

Jontor

• View Profile
Re: Tier 3 and 4 Aceptances and Rejections
« Reply #870 on: February 03, 2006, 07:22:17 AM »
So I can deduct LSAT, LSDAS, application fees, etc.?  How can I prove all of this?

Well I have all mine on one credit card...never knew I could deduct just happened to mention it to my accountant when he was doing my taxes and he said.."yup you can deduct it all...I ran my numbers and gave it to him....ask your accountant.

Edit: I deducted LSAT, LSDAS, APP FEES, TWO LSAT PREP COURSES, ALL THE BOOKS AND MATERIALS I BOUGHT FOR THE DAMN EXAM

« Reply #871 on: February 03, 2006, 07:26:11 AM »
woah that is great news! I will definitly have to talk to my accountant.  Thanks Alot for the info!!!!!!

« Reply #872 on: February 03, 2006, 07:27:09 AM »
crap crap that is a lot of money

:-\ i wish i had patience

oh it says you cannot deduct for the Lifetime learning and higher ed expenses...hmmm

i wish i had an accountant  :D

bama

• View Profile
« Reply #873 on: February 03, 2006, 07:27:33 AM »
I don't have an accountant, but I would like to know more about this.  What from does this info go on?

Jontor

• View Profile
« Reply #874 on: February 03, 2006, 08:00:18 AM »
I don't have an accountant, but I would like to know more about this.  What from does this info go on?

I really don't know anything about accounting...I keep a spreadsheets of all  my expenses cos of the type of work and business I do. Didn't know that lsat and yadadayada will be deductible..but I kept all the expense on one card cos I wanted to track how much it cost me to get into law school...so when he was doing my itemization or whatever accountants call it...I told him I spend so so and so trying to get into law school and he said yeah I can deduct them all....so I gave him the figure don't know if it really made a difference on what I owe uncle sam..but I know it reduced my income by $3720

« Reply #875 on: February 03, 2006, 08:14:11 AM »
So I can deduct LSAT, LSDAS, application fees, etc.?  How can I prove all of this?

Well I have all mine on one credit card...never knew I could deduct just happened to mention it to my accountant when he was doing my taxes and he said.."yup you can deduct it all...I ran my numbers and gave it to him....ask your accountant.

Edit: I deducted LSAT, LSDAS, APP FEES, TWO LSAT PREP COURSES, ALL THE BOOKS AND MATERIALS I BOUGHT FOR THE DAMN EXAM

Is there a certain income level that you have to fall under to be able to deduct all this stuff? 

« Reply #876 on: February 03, 2006, 08:20:24 AM »
That is great news on the taxes!  I was just working on mine :)

In at St. Thomas (minnesota)!!!!  YEA! 

cyberrev

« Reply #877 on: February 03, 2006, 08:21:25 AM »
That is great news on the taxes!  I was just working on mine :)

In at St. Thomas (minnesota)!!!!  YEA! 

did they give you any $$$?  how were you notified?

AH

• but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #878 on: February 03, 2006, 08:25:55 AM »
WfP- no, I think it works for everyone (theoretically, if you feel under a certain income level you would get fee waivers).

Jontor

• View Profile
« Reply #879 on: February 03, 2006, 08:30:57 AM »
WfP- no, I think it works for everyone (theoretically, if you feel under a certain income level you would get fee waivers).

I think so too