Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cheney Replaces Bush on Ticket  (Read 783 times)

jgruber

Cheney Replaces Bush on Ticket
« on: July 10, 2004, 09:56:39 PM »
http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s9i5568

Washington (8 July)--The Cheney Administration has disclosed plans to replace President George W. Bush with John McCain on the Republican ticket. In response to reporters' questions about how Edwards compares with Vice President male private part Cheney, Bush remarked yesterday, "Cheney can be president. Next question." And a recent poll suggests most Americans wish that were the case, if it isn't already. "That got me thinking," Cheney remarked today. "Bush has been a drag on this ticket for months now. I think it's time to make a change." While Bush has been busy attacking John Edwards as inexperienced and rich, sources within Republican party have been doing damage control to keep those remarks from boomeranging.

EnglishToLaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bow ties: quintessential legal fashion accessories
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Cheney Replaces Bush on Ticket
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 10:55:18 PM »
You'd appreciate this: there's a little piece in this week's New Republic reminding readers that George W. Bush asked John McCain to be his running mate back in 2000 and was rebuffed. Guess Cheney was Bush's "second choice" as well!  ;D

jgruber

Re: Cheney Replaces Bush on Ticket
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 10:51:03 AM »
This spoof article is particularly funny when you consider that Bush refused to speak to that committee without Cheney present.