Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ROLLLLLIN THE DICE~ (Unofficial High LSAT/Low GPA Splitters Acceptance Thread)  (Read 39517 times)

Officer Rod Farva

• Sr. Citizen
  • FARVA #1
    • View Profile
    • Email
 :'(
LSD saved my life.

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Good luck, Jolie! Our numbers are very similar.

Wow, we are almost #s twins!  Thanks - good luck to you too!
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

beccabv

• View Profile
I wouldn't call Philadelphia a small city. It's one of the biggest in the country and it definitely has a city feel to the place. Old example: my mother was at Wharton in 1980 and there was rioting around Penn when the Phillies won the World Series. Said they overturned a bus.

I know I'm really late to weigh in on this, but there were massive riots at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst (which is 2 hours from anything resembling a city) when the Red Sox beat the Yankees in the ALCS in 2004.  Burned cars and such.  So you don't need to be in a city to have to deal with crazy sports fan riots. :)

Goodfella Aaron

I wouldn't call Philadelphia a small city. It's one of the biggest in the country and it definitely has a city feel to the place. Old example: my mother was at Wharton in 1980 and there was rioting around Penn when the Phillies won the World Series. Said they overturned a bus.

I know I'm really late to weigh in on this, but there were massive riots at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst (which is 2 hours from anything resembling a city) when the Red Sox beat the Yankees in the ALCS in 2004.  Burned cars and such.  So you don't need to be in a city to have to deal with crazy sports fan riots. :)

True. I know someone who goes there and UMass-Amherst is the number 9 party school and most dangerous school in America apparently, so she says if you can outparty them they'll just stab you.

And after going to Penn and seeing the city, I understand what VU was talking about when he said Philly feels smaller than it is. The Center City area is really compact, there aren't too many high-rises and the neighborhoods are close-knit. Again, proof that you should never doubt Vapid Unicorn.

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
Well personally i don't think it counts as rollin the dice. Try it the other way around with a high GPA and Low LSAT. Now that is rolling the dice. Still congrats to u all for all of your acceptances!!!
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

splitsky

• View Profile
    • LSN
My best friend went to UMASS. A couple years before that riot there was another huge one in late spring on the street he lived on. Apparently one kid got his arm half cut off by a machette. And the cops were leeting German Shepards lose on the rioters. So yes, UMASS can be a crazy school.
In: W&L, American
Maybe: Umich, Gtown, GW, BU, Upenn, UVA, Northwestern
Out: Chicago
Pass: Fordham

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=mahaist

orky13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legally Blonde
    • View Profile
I had a HORRIBLE undergrad GPA (2.17) and a 163... still waiting on 5 apps but got in two so far with $$ from one. There were extenuating circumstances behind the GPA but still!!!
It comes to this: Cleveland Marshall, Lewis & Clark
Waitlisted: Case

DCrell

• View Profile
    • Email
Got in to Michigan State today. Found out on the phone. I suppose I will have to wait until I get the letter to learn if I got any money. My GPA is a 2.35 and LSAT is a 161. Still pending at IU-Indy and DePaul.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
I guess this isn't really appropriate for an acceptance thread, but:

f-ing waitlist at Brooklyn.  Rejection (fully expected) at Fordham.
Lest this be discouraging to anyone, you should know that I applied pretty late.
I do, however, have pretty good work experience that should give me a bit of a lift. *sigh*
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Harvey.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
WUSTL today!!!!  Splitters rejoice! :D
GULC '09