Law School Discussion

ROLLLLLIN THE DICE~ (Unofficial High LSAT/Low GPA Splitters Acceptance Thread)

ACK!

• RESIST THE EARTHQUAKE! REUNITE GONDWANALAND!
    • View Profile
in at nw this weekend! 2.83/170

That's awesome Mobo. Big Congrats!!!  :D

Officer Rod Farva

• FARVA #1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Congrats mobo!

jorge

Impressive. Nice work!

ACK!

• View Profile

That's awesome Mobo. Big Congrats!!!  :D

Meanwhile Ack! again forgets to mention his own acceptance - to the University of Michigan.  Congrats Ack!

Hehe, thanks. Makes life more complicated (not that I'm complaining).

Got a thick manilla envelope with my George Washington acceptance today!!  Also received a "Preferred Waitlist" for Georgetown...anyone else heard of this?  And does it qualify me for honorable mention HoF??  :)

dad

Also not a huge splitter (3.4, 171), but just got my first acceptance of the season in GULC.

ACK!

• View Profile
In at Chicago.  :)

ACK!

• View Profile
In at Chicago.  :)

Congrats man, that's awesome!

Thanks  :)

Just out of curiosity, why did you decide to not apply to Chicago? It seems like it would be right up your alley given your interest in academia.

ACK!

• View Profile
Do you have a favorite at this point? 

They’re all good schools, and I’d be happy with any of them. I think it will have to come down to visits. And I agree on the nastiness of too much wind…

Goodfella Aaron

While it is true that Chicago would've served that purpose quite well, at the time of selecting schools, I hadn't done the research that I have now, and was selecting largley on a measurement of "fit."  One of the most important fit factors was that I am not a city person, and wouldn't want to be in such an evironment.  Since most top law schools are in or near some major city, I was willing to allow for schools on the edge of smaller cities (like Penn, Minnesota, BC, or GW).  The New York schools were immediately out, as was Chicago (which was additionally hindered by the fact that I hate wind).  Northwester got the boot becuase I don't have any post-grad work experience, and I really didn't want to go through an interview for one school when many other options (G-Town, Duke, Michigan, Virginia) appeared to give me a similar chance at admission.  I knew nothing of placement in academia at the time (other than the oft-repeated mantra: "go the best school you can get into; do the best you can once there").  Had I known then what I know now, I probably would have applied to Chicago, but still would've taken the offer at Michigan (in addition to the geography, I don't think I would like the quarter system, and I hear that students are very competitive). 

Nevertheless, I have tremendous respect for the school, and am very pleased to see that you got accepted.  Do you have a favorite at this point? 

I wouldn't call Philadelphia a small city. It's one of the biggest in the country and it definitely has a city feel to the place. Old example: my mother was at Wharton in 1980 and there was rioting around Penn when the Phillies won the World Series. Said they overturned a bus.