Law School Discussion

Georgetown "Decision"

drama gal

• D-Jet
    • View Profile
Re: Georgetown "Decision"
« Reply #280 on: December 07, 2005, 01:17:41 PM »
quote author=The Spanish Teacher link=topic=47628.msg898413#msg898413 date=1133985430]
the mail man has come and gone with no word for gulc.... i went decision last wednesday.  the suspense has lost its novelty and is simply causing agony at this point. euthanize me. please.

amazing? do you live on a remote Alaskan island or something?  I can't imagine mail taking that long. Then again, maybe they decided to wait until this past Monday to actually send out the letter?

If Andy is still putting personal notes on acceptances, that could explain the delay...At least that is what I keep telling myself, I went to decision last Thursday, I live in NY and no mail yet.

« Reply #281 on: December 07, 2005, 01:37:31 PM »
complete since 10-13, just called to withdraw.

why?

in at michigan, much better than gtown, at least i think so.

« Reply #282 on: December 07, 2005, 01:41:58 PM »
Looks as if someone on LSN got a deferral today.  I'm only posting this because there seem to have been a lot of "decisions" lately with few letters actually received.

jhare

• AOL Instant Messenger - moonmeadowe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #283 on: December 07, 2005, 05:31:03 PM »
Im still complete. Nothing new there!

john83

« Reply #284 on: December 07, 2005, 06:05:02 PM »
Did anyone have a situation similar to this? Someone from the office of admissions emaield me about 4 days before the deadline and said that I was not complete. She said that I could fax in my recommendation to be complete and she would look out for it. I faxed in my recommendation on Nov. 30th to go complete. I called to confirm on the 30th and she said that she would refer it to the committee that night. I went to Decision today. Is that a positive or a negative sign? Would they have really rejected me that quickly?(3.6/161 Black Male)

Yeah I got in today. And surprisingly, they told me over the phone. It was the dean of admissions.

App In - Nov 1
Complete - Nov 30
Decision - Dec 5

now, everyone will start calling.

« Reply #285 on: December 07, 2005, 07:55:56 PM »
Argh!  Still no letter.  I don't understand why Gtown is waiting so long to send my rejection letter.  Just reject me already!

« Reply #286 on: December 07, 2005, 11:53:31 PM »
Argh!  Still no letter.  I don't understand why Gtown is waiting so long to send my rejection letter.  Just reject me already!

Ditto!

I live in Boulder, but am a Texan. I, for some stupid reason, decided to have my law mail sent home to Texas... Now that Gtown has "Decided", I call my parents incessantly until they recieve the snail mail. However, today and yesterday, they would leave the house just before the mail man arrives, stay away from home for like 5 hours while I call and whine... then return, just to say that there is no letter yet. Suspense has never been so unglamorous. @#$#@@#$#$@!!!!

jeb240

« Reply #287 on: December 08, 2005, 01:20:32 AM »
Did anyone have a situation similar to this? Someone from the office of admissions emaield me about 4 days before the deadline and said that I was not complete. She said that I could fax in my recommendation to be complete and she would look out for it. I faxed in my recommendation on Nov. 30th to go complete. I called to confirm on the 30th and she said that she would refer it to the committee that night. I went to Decision today. Is that a positive or a negative sign? Would they have really rejected me that quickly?(3.6/161 Black Male)

Yeah I got in today. And surprisingly, they told me over the phone. It was the dean of admissions.

App In - Nov 1
Complete - Nov 30
Decision - Dec 5

Where did the post that letmein is quoting go?

« Reply #288 on: December 08, 2005, 07:35:59 AM »
Gtown sending out waitlists. Beware the white envelope.

Come on lucky off-white.

john83

« Reply #289 on: December 08, 2005, 08:28:06 AM »

App In - Nov 1
Complete - Nov 30
Decision - Dec 5

Where did the post that letmein is quoting go?

that's weird. it was right above.