Law School Discussion

Georgetown "Decision"

ACK!

• RESIST THE EARTHQUAKE! REUNITE GONDWANALAND!
    • View Profile
Re: Georgetown "Decision"
« Reply #240 on: December 06, 2005, 06:12:50 PM »
Thank you jhare

nukelaw

• Get your eagle on
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimmydahat
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 06, 2005, 06:19:25 PM »
I went to decision on 11/30. My deferral was dated 11/28.

Cpac

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 06, 2005, 06:29:10 PM »
Maybe they're just trying to decide how much money to give us.

Adcomm 1: Let's give him tons of money!
Adcomm 2: No, lets give him scads of money!
Adcomm 3: Oodles!
Adcomm 1: Tons!
Adcomm 2: Scads!

Wow! No wonder I am still complete!

Haha, I think mine goes like this (every week):

Adcomm 1: "Should we let her in?"
Adcomm 2: "Hmmm...maybe"
Adcomm 1: "Let's make her day and do it!"
Adcomm 2: "Well, she only has a 166"
Adcomm 1: "Ok, we'll just decide next week"

Cpac

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 06, 2005, 06:31:04 PM »
still at decision and still no letter. . .this does not bode well.

i think it means the mail is slow. i expect my letter this week.

My mom did try to reassure me by saying it was Christmas card sending season so the mail would be slower...I think she just wants me to stop calling home everyday to ask her if I got any mail

jhare

• AOL Instant Messenger - moonmeadowe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #244 on: December 06, 2005, 06:40:26 PM »
At this point I'm not even too concerned with the status checker. I'm always complete, and they are supposed to send out letters by Monday anyhow, so I'm assuming I'll get a letter Tuesday or Wednesday (I'm in Baltimore).

It goes without saying, but I really want to get in. GULC is one of my top choices, and if I get flatout rejected - which seems like a very real possibility at this point - it wouldn't bode well for my other top choices. I think I should get in. Chiashu has me at 93%, the LSAC one has me higher (granted they're less reliable for splitters, but splitters got in last cycle) and I think that my negative soft factors are at the very least cancelled out by my strong ones. But that's how I see it, and sadly I am biased.

I'm really dreading a rejection. 

RocketBot

« Reply #245 on: December 06, 2005, 07:40:03 PM »

I said it once and I'll say it again.  Georgetown does not seem to send out "ordered" acceptances and rejections for EA.  They are all mixed in.  Not hearing yet has most likely nothing at all to do with your chances... especially if you only applied within the last 5 or 6 weeks.

drama gal

• D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 06, 2005, 07:45:20 PM »

I said it once and I'll say it again.  Georgetown does not seem to send out "ordered" acceptances and rejections for EA.  They are all mixed in.  Not hearing yet has most likely nothing at all to do with your chances... especially if you only applied within the last 5 or 6 weeks.

We read you loud and clear... However, who has received a rejection yet?  Let's face it, they are due.

john83

« Reply #247 on: December 06, 2005, 07:56:55 PM »

We read you loud and clear... However, who has received a rejection yet?  Let's face it, they are due.

both excellent points. i still expect a rejection. if you have good numbers, you should expect an acceptance.

« Reply #248 on: December 06, 2005, 08:02:34 PM »
The anxiety I am experiencing now really makes me wish that Georgetown followed in-line with Cornell and other schools that either notify decisions via the Web or e-mail.  I mean, they can ever be super-subtle about it.  For instance, if they decide that you're in, they can just post the "Decision" message like they usually do.  And then, for the rest of us, they can alter one letter and just post the word "Derision."  I think that would really get the point across nicely.

john83

« Reply #249 on: December 06, 2005, 08:28:02 PM »
The anxiety I am experiencing now really makes me wish that Georgetown followed in-line with Cornell and other schools that either notify decisions via the Web or e-mail.  I mean, they can ever be super-subtle about it.  For instance, if they decide that you're in, they can just post the "Decision" message like they usually do.  And then, for the rest of us, they can alter one letter and just post the word "Derision."  I think that would really get the point across nicely.

that would be perfect. or to really make things interesting, for those deferred, put "decisions." confusion will run rampant, and it would be funny.