Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgetown "Decision"  (Read 27368 times)

mdawg23

• View Profile
    • lsn
Re: Georgetown "Decision"
« Reply #170 on: December 05, 2005, 01:55:37 PM »
I'm STILL unavailable.  I applied on November 5, it said applied for a few days, and then it switched to unavailable and has remained that way for the last 3 weeks.  What is going on??  Haha, this is killing me!  Does anyone else have this unavailable problem? 

I switched my username and password from the assigned one right around the time it went unavailable...could this have something to do with it?
In: UGA ($), Florida, NOTRE DAME! ($$), Washington & Lee, Illinois ($$$), Emory ($$$)
Waitlist: Vanderbilt
Out: Georgetown
Still Waiting:UNC

Number6

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 05, 2005, 02:19:47 PM »
Did anyone notice that the vast majority of splitters are still just "complete?"

I think they are just going to line us all up at the end and pick their favorite two. :P

If they're only going to pick two, I'd rather they just shoot us.

firant

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #172 on: December 05, 2005, 02:35:05 PM »
If they're only going to pick two, I'd rather they just shoot us.

Hmm.. tempting.. but there ARE other schools. Though I still REALLY want in at G-town.
GPA: 2.8.. LSAT: 173
Enrolled: University of Notre Dame

(GPA at graduation was 3.3)

Outofcollege

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 05, 2005, 03:18:56 PM »
I went COMPLETE a long, long time ago.

My status is still COMPLETE.

I won't detail my stats, but I have an above median GPA from a top ranked Ivy, in range LSAT, and relevant WE and soft factors. I'm non-URM.

To those who were given DECISION status last week, did you receive anything in the mail yet? If so, what?

Thanks

drama gal

• Sr. Citizen
  • D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 05, 2005, 03:44:16 PM »
I went to decision last week Thursday, complete 11/1.  I live in NYC and I received nothing in the mail yet. ???

I have been looking at posts from last year this time and Georgetown seems to be running their process a little different from a year ago, including extending their early decision deadline, last year they extended the application deadline a whole month, twice I think.  I can't gauge what's going on, just got 2 sit and wait it out with them.
The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.

Sir James Matthew Barrie

stmarti

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 05, 2005, 03:46:11 PM »
i also went to decision last week (thursday i believe) and still haven't received a letter, although i won't check my mail until i get home from work... also, i'm in DC...
E M O R Y

drama gal

• Sr. Citizen
  • D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 05, 2005, 03:59:08 PM »
How can a school have two (2) Early Decision/Early Action Dates, anyway?
What is that all about?  November 1 and December 1?
The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.

Sir James Matthew Barrie

jeb240

« Reply #177 on: December 05, 2005, 04:06:43 PM »

They don't have 2 dates, it just appears that way.

Nov. 1 (this year the 7th) was the date by which you had to apply to be ED/EA.
Dec. 1 was the date by which your file had to be complete, which means not just the application, but the recommendations and your LSDAS report and any supplemental essays you might be sending.

Other schools, do not separate it into apply and complete dates, just a complete date (such as Oct. 15th for NYU).

drama gal

• Sr. Citizen
  • D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 05, 2005, 04:19:54 PM »
See!  I just can't gauge that school!  Thanks 4 the explanation. :) Now can you predict what these recent DECISIONS are going to be, since no-one seems to have received anything in the mail yet? 

I would've preferred to stay COMPLETE and just got a decision in the mail when I wasn't expecting anything.  This crap is stressful!

They don't have 2 dates, it just appears that way.

Nov. 1 (this year the 7th) was the date by which you had to apply to be ED/EA.
Dec. 1 was the date by which your file had to be complete, which means not just the application, but the recommendations and your LSDAS report and any supplemental essays you might be sending.

Other schools, do not separate it into apply and complete dates, just a complete date (such as Oct. 15th for NYU).

Sir James Matthew Barrie

!!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 05, 2005, 05:40:14 PM »
I just went to "unavailable."