Re: Georgetown "Decision"
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2005, 08:27:42 AM »
I just got complete yesterday! woohoo

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2005, 08:28:14 AM »
I sent my app in September.  I hate it when people say:

"OMG!!!!!!!1!  Ive been complete fer like 3.24 days!!1! Im like so totlally screwd cause they would of excepted me by now!"

merryberry

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2005, 08:37:10 AM »

"OMG!!!!!!!1!  Ive been complete fer like 3.24 days!!1! Im like so totlally screwd cause they would of excepted me by now!"

Agreed.  If you haven't received a decision now it probably just means that your app had to go to committee.  For autoadmits (people above a certain index #), if two admissions officers agree they want to admit you, you are in.  Thus, it is a much quicker process, but there are not many people who fit into this category.  For most people though, it takes a little deeper digging for them to decide if they want you, and more people need to read and discuss your file.  Keep in mind the people on this board are not necessarily representative of the pool as a whole, so it is actually more common to have to wait awhile for a decision than to hear only a month or so after you've applied.  In other words, chill out people!

Cpac

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2005, 08:49:26 AM »

We should start a club for people who have been complete for more than 7 weeks and have heard nothing..haha

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2005, 08:54:44 AM »

We should start a club for people who have been complete for more than 7 weeks and have heard nothing..haha

If you'll take a mere six-er, count me in.

Cpac

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2005, 09:00:33 AM »

Ok, 6 weeks it is...your in.

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2005, 09:02:49 AM »

Ok, 6 weeks it is...your in.

Fantastic.  Now at least I'm in somewhere.

azdezza

« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2005, 09:51:30 AM »
fyi, Tier7 (who recieved a waitlist notification from GULC) has also changed to "decision" on the status check

nukelaw

• Get your eagle on
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimmydahat
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2005, 10:09:11 AM »
LOL, wow... this is the most I've been mentioned in a thread I've never posted on.  ;D

My status changed to "decision" last night apparently. I checked after seeing this thread. As others have suggested, this is confusing since deferrals are told that a decision has NOT been made yet and that we're put into the regular admission pool.

So, taking up another suggestion of the thread, I called up GULC admissions and asked for clarification. They said the "decision" status online is only referring to the fact that "a" decision had been made -- in my case deferral. Apparently this is not necessarily the only or final decision, to use LSAT logic.

HTH and GL all.

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2005, 10:13:19 AM »
You know, if they just posted your actual status on the site, they wouldn't have to deal with our phone calls and confusion.  I don't understand how privacy concerns keep them from doing this.  I mean, a password protected website is more private than a letter.