Law School Discussion

Georgetown "Decision"

Re: Georgetown "Decision"
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2005, 07:49:19 AM »
i'm still complete as well... weird...

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2005, 07:55:36 AM »
so what the crap does it mean if you're still complete? deferred?

It could also mean that they just haven't made a decision on you yet.  I would expect them to come to a decision one way or another on some of the complete people but not all. Did you get your application in before the EA deadline?  Much before?  I submitted on 10/28 and was complete on 11/04 and I just changed to decision.

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2005, 07:57:52 AM »
Sent on 10-23, Complete on 11-01

RocketBot

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2005, 08:02:23 AM »
Okay guys, calm down!  It doesn't many *anything* if you haven't gone to decision yet.  Last year's LSN indicates that for early applications, receiving late does NOT mean rejected.  People got accepted every day from 12/1 to 12/15 last year.  Lack of "decision" means nothing.

I'm still probably rejected, but I'm going down optimistically!

Steve Butabi

• and I was like "EMILIOOOO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2005, 08:02:25 AM »
submitted 10-25, complete 10-31. EA, FT/PT.

The Spanish Teacher

• It's been so long....
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2005, 08:10:46 AM »
Okay guys, calm down!  It doesn't many *anything* if you haven't gone to decision yet.  Last year's LSN indicates that for early applications, receiving late does NOT mean rejected.  People got accepted every day from 12/1 to 12/15 last year.  Lack of "decision" means nothing.

I'm still probably rejected, but I'm going down optimistically!

Rocketbot - you should get in just for being the one who's keeping his/her wits about him/her. while the rest of us are changing our soiled diapers, you're as chill as jimmy buffet. thanks for doing a little bit of research that calms people down and rekindles some hope.

i also went from complete to decision lastnight. i submitted on 10/31 and went complete shortly thereafter.  but i'm out in missouri, so who knows when that letter will arrive.

azdezza

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2005, 08:15:45 AM »
Seeing as they tend to send out letters on Monday, I'm wondering if (for those of us who've gone to decision but have yet to receive one) the letter was sent this past Monday or will be sent next Monday...

Steve Butabi

• and I was like "EMILIOOOO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2005, 08:18:40 AM »
Seeing as they tend to send out letters on Monday, I'm wondering if (for those of us who've gone to decision but have yet to receive one) the letter was sent this past Monday or will be sent next Monday...

i think they were sent out this past monday. I have a feeling they wouldn't update the online status check unless a letter was already in the mail. but of course i could be wrong, just a hunch.

Cpac

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2005, 08:25:44 AM »
I'm still complete, and I sent it in early October. I think at this point it's pointless for me to worry any longer, since it's been like 8 weeks and I have heard nothing. I've gone 8 weeks, what’s 8 more? JK

Edit - I think the only thing that would get me a deferment at Georgetown instead of a rejection is my ECs.

B.K.

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2005, 08:26:38 AM »
I'm finally decision ( was complete just a day ago) and I was accepted about three weeks ago.