Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Texas notifications  (Read 1459 times)

Dirt McGirt

• Sr. Citizen
  • I love Meg White.
    • View Profile
Texas notifications
« on: November 30, 2005, 11:21:45 PM »
Has anyone who applied ED to Texas at or around the deadline (11/1) heard anything yet? I applied 11/1, my report was requested 11/10, and I'm still waiting for a response. I didn't think it was a big deal, but people on LSN who applied at or around this date seem to have already been deferred/admitted.
I'm done with apps...waiting to visit schools and make a decision.

Law2k6

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Va. Law, J.D. 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Texas notifications
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 11:28:08 PM »
Does Texas have an ED option? I applied non-binding early notification or whatever they called it and I got a decision letter from them sometime over the long Thanksgiving weekend. I don't remember the exact dates, but I just barely met their early deadline.
U.Va. Law, J.D. 2009

intent06

• Sr. Citizen
  • "All hail the Chief!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 11:30:40 PM »
I sent in my app to Texas on 10/28 and it was received on 10/31 and the online status check says "application file complete 11/2".  I have heard nothing, either deferral/rejection/acceptance.  I am thinking we should be hearing something anyday now.  I think the application file complete notice doesn't necessarily mean that the "file" is complete with the LSDAS, but by now they should have received mine.

I am keeping my fingers crossed.

The correct application we applied for is "Early Application" because it isn't binding.
Damn...it's the third year already!!

Dirt McGirt

• Sr. Citizen
  • I love Meg White.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 11:33:36 PM »
It's non-binding, but they call it ED. But, whatever... It makes me feel better that others have yet to hear, but I just wonder whether they send acceptances out before their other decisions (e.g., GULC).

intent06

• Sr. Citizen
  • "All hail the Chief!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 11:34:50 PM »
I am hoping that they are only sending out acceptances/deferrals.  I do NOT want my first letter to be a rejection!

tocanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 12:28:50 AM »
I also applied on 10/28 and they requested my LSDAS report on 11/15. I haven't heard anything from them either.
intent06, can you tell me about how to check your status online?
Thanks!

intent06

• Sr. Citizen
  • "All hail the Chief!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 12:47:22 AM »
once your application is complete with Texas, admissions will send you an email with a unique user ID and a password so that you can log on to their status checker.  I am not sure, but I believe that once a decision is made, you can see your status (accepted/deferred/hopefully not rejected) online.

HTH

Law2k6

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Va. Law, J.D. 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 12:52:35 AM »
This is the URL, but they'll send you a username/pw along with the link so it doesn't do much good without that. https://utdirect.utexas.edu/loadm/apps.WBX

The website does indeed tell you what their decision was. At least, it does if the decision is a good one. :)

For whatever it's worth, the e-mail they sent with the status check link and login info was dated approximately two weeks before their decision was made.

Good luck! I hope you get in!
U.Va. Law, J.D. 2009

Dirt McGirt

• Sr. Citizen
  • I love Meg White.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 12:56:49 AM »
This is the URL, but they'll send you a username/pw along with the link so it doesn't do much good without that. https://utdirect.utexas.edu/loadm/apps.WBX

The website does indeed tell you what their decision was. At least, it does if the decision is a good one. :)

For whatever it's worth, the e-mail they sent with the status check link and login info was dated approximately two weeks before their decision was made.

Good luck! I hope you get in!

Law 2K6: When did your status check change in relation to the day that you received your letter?

shae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 01:12:32 AM »
mine was complete 10/31.

check my lsn for decision dates. (i dont remember them)