Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any early appliers still waiting on Harvard?  (Read 414 times)

jmorrow

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Any early appliers still waiting on Harvard?
« on: November 30, 2005, 09:37:52 AM »
I'm trying to decide whether I have any reason to believe anything has been misplaced and it's worthwhile to call the office, or if this is just things working their course.

I submitted on 9/17, and my dean's cert was at their offices by 9/21 or so. Got the application acknowledgement on 10/28. And since then... nothing. If this is the case for a bunch of people, I should just let it go. But if it's just me, maybe a double-check is in order.

Anyone in a similar situation?

Yours in paranoia,
JM
Georgtown University Law Center/Public Policy Institute '10

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=jmorrow

akattorney

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My numbers!!
Re: Any early appliers still waiting on Harvard?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 10:38:24 AM »
I applied on the 16th of september, and just got my complete notice yesterday.

jmorrow

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 10:44:52 AM »
Yeah.

The reason I'm asking is that yesterday seems to be when Harvard sent completes to everyone I know of with a similarly early app.

While I'm not at all surprised I wasn't a super-early complete, like the kind reserved for the extremely special auto-admits, yesterday's wave included people on LSN with numbers higher, lower, the same, etc.

So I'm wondering if any significant number of other folks are in the same situation (and they're going to hit the rest of us very soon), or if this should make me wonder if something has been misplaced.

(Incidentally, I know a 3L at HLS who had to call about her status after her file was misplaced. So it does happen, I guess.)

John Galt

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 11:38:34 AM »
Yeah.

The reason I'm asking is that yesterday seems to be when Harvard sent completes to everyone I know of with a similarly early app.

While I'm not at all surprised I wasn't a super-early complete, like the kind reserved for the extremely special auto-admits, yesterday's wave included people on LSN with numbers higher, lower, the same, etc.

So I'm wondering if any significant number of other folks are in the same situation (and they're going to hit the rest of us very soon), or if this should make me wonder if something has been misplaced.

(Incidentally, I know a 3L at HLS who had to call about her status after her file was misplaced. So it does happen, I guess.)

I'd call if I were you.

jmorrow

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 12:09:55 PM »
I'd call if I were you.

Well, you convinced me. I did call.

According to the gentleman on the other end, my "status was updated" on November 28, and I should be receiving a notification of some variety "this week or, at latest, next week."

He wouldn't (or couldn't) say if I was "complete," per se, and I think it's safe to say that if the notice I get is an incomplete, I will propel myself from a tall precipice.

That said, I'm at a complete loss as to what the update could have been that wouldn't have triggered an immediate e-mail. I'm thinking super special acceptance package, for which they had not yet bought all the wrapping paper and bows.

John Galt

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 12:11:59 PM »
I'd call if I were you.

Well, you convinced me. I did call.

According to the gentleman on the other end, my "status was updated" on November 28, and I should be receiving a notification of some variety "this week or, at latest, next week."

He wouldn't (or couldn't) say if I was "complete," per se, and I think it's safe to say that if the notice I get is an incomplete, I will propel myself from a tall precipice.

That said, I'm at a complete loss as to what the update could have been that wouldn't have triggered an immediate e-mail. I'm thinking super special acceptance package, for which they had not yet bought all the wrapping paper and bows.

Mr. Stock will probably call you.