Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What are the scenes like at the T14?  (Read 3754 times)

Goodfella Aaron

What are the scenes like at the T14?
« on: November 29, 2005, 04:14:11 PM »
All the schools I'm applying to are in my signature, I was wondering what the scenes were like at all of them. The way I see it if I'm gonna be busting my ass I should be somewhere that lets me have fun time to time. I live in a frathouse basement now so I know no matter where I go it's not gonna be like undergrad, but which of these schools is the most fun to go to?

Steve Butabi

• Sr. Citizen
  • and I was like "EMILIOOOO!"
    • View Profile
Re: What are the scenes like at the T14?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 04:28:38 PM »
northwestern or michigan for sure.
pm me if you're a hottie and you want to make out or whatever

bulk

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 04:59:05 PM »
all of them will be full of smart hardworking students and most of them will be looking to have fun too.  drinking is huge in law school from what i hear.  the city schools clearly have great night life.  from friends there now, it sounds like law school is not as bad as you think. 

Steve Butabi

• Sr. Citizen
  • and I was like "EMILIOOOO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 05:04:35 PM »
duke? obviously you've never been to durham or hung out with a representative sample of dookies.

uva is cool if you're into horseraces, bourbon, and ridiculous frattiness (I am)

NU's location is sweet and I hear the mood is very laid back re not competetive, re more hanging out less ripping pages out of library books (jk)
pm me if you're a hottie and you want to make out or whatever

sadcam

• View Profile
    • Just click it
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 06:10:37 PM »
Not UVa, obviously you can't revisit the frat experience in law school (at least not entirely).  When I visited friends at UVa I was shocked at the lack of a bar scene.  If you go to U of chicago or northwestern you get the chicago bar scene.  Friends that live there love it, the party atmosphere in law school seems like a tricky thing.  My undergrad party experience was incredible, but law school kids or post-grads in general had little to do because it was a college town.  I think best case senario is going to school where there is a large population of people just out of college.  It seems big cities often attract this crowd.  I just think going to a school that has a strong undergrad party experience is risky if you can't blend with the undergrads it would be harsh.
Does the fact that I'm trying to do it, do it for you?

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=sadcam

sadcam

• View Profile
    • Just click it
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 07:34:25 PM »
My limited experience was that there were plenty of frat parties, but only a handful of bars.  They frat parties I went to were great, only problem I foresee is that as a law student I doubt there will be much frat interaction.  I felt there was a bit of a southern vibe, but I never felt it was an impediment.  Probably more of an undergrad factor than law school anyway.

bulk

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 07:52:33 PM »
if im a law student at uva or any school with a party/frat ug crowd, i will be infiltrating the ug camps and banging freshman. 

i will bridge the gap between the geeky law students and the sorostitutes they are all old enough and prestigious enough to finally bag.

sadcam

• View Profile
    • Just click it
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005, 08:00:15 PM »
if im a law student at uva or any school with a party/frat ug crowd, i will be infiltrating the ug camps and banging freshman. 

i will bridge the gap between the geeky law students and the sorostitutes they are all old enough and prestigious enough to finally bag.

that's the spirit

just teach the geeky law students how to casually drop the law school bit and it should be quick work

bulk

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 08:02:02 PM »

that's the spirit

just teach the geeky law students how to casually drop the law school bit and it should be quick work

exactly.  what ug girl wouldnt dig a guy who is a few years older and on his way to a six figure job? 

dsds3581

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 08:02:52 PM »
I attend Michigan, and I don't really think it's fun...but I think that might depend on two major things: where you're from and what you like to do. If you're one of those people who thinks getting drunk is the way to go, then you'll be fine at Michigan or anywhere else. Otherwise, I think the most entertainment to be found is obviously somewhere near or in a city. Sometimes, I wish I would have chosen Penn, because I don't think we "bust our asses" at Michigan...although I know many people would disagree with me...still, I have a lot of free time, and I spend much of it bored because 1) other people are always working and complaining about working, and 2) I don't think there's much of anything fun around here in walking distance and I don't have a car or anything). I'm not even from a city--I'm from somewhere where I'm used to being bored, but I'm sick of being bored, especially knowing that I *will* eventually be busting my ass when I get a job. I want to have fun for three years, and, unfortunately, I--and some other people--find Michigan pretty boring. The slack we get academically, in my opinion, lends itself to plenty of opportunities to have a good time...there's just not much here providing a good time.