Law School Discussion

already scoring high -- TM or PS worth it?

already scoring high -- TM or PS worth it?
« on: July 10, 2004, 11:58:13 AM »
I'm scoring in the low 170's on practice tests already, without having started studying for the LSAT yet, and I plan to take the test in either October or December. Realistically, is it going to be worth it for me to take TM or PS? Is there anything they'll actually *teach* me that I probably don't already know, or that I can't get from the Logic Games Bible? I get the impression that a lot of the improvement at the higher end comes just from increased familiarity with the test, having spent so much time with it. Now I can discipline myself and get some serious studying done over the next few months, as I've got some free time on my hands. Granted, probably not as much as I'd spend if I did a course, but all those extra hours might not be of much benefit to me. Anyway, if someone familiar with the course materials or my situation could comment, I'd appreciate it.

foxnewssucks

Re: already scoring high -- TM or PS worth it?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2004, 12:02:26 PM »
I am scoring in the upper 160s with a little bit of prep and I start TM next week.  A lot of the people I have been talking to do not think I need to take the course, but I think if it will help me go up a few points it will be well worth it.  It really depends on what your goals are and if you have the $$.  If the low 170s is good enough for you and you feel that you can obtain that score on a consistent basis....then the course will have little benefit for you. 

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2004, 12:10:27 PM »
I'm scoring in the low 170's on practice tests already, without having started studying LSAT study yet, and I plan to take the test in either October or December. Realistically, is it going to be worth it for me to take TM or PS? Is there anything they'll actually *teach* me that I probably don't already know, or that I can't get from the Logic Games Bible? I get the impression that a lot of the improvement at the higher end comes just from increased familiarity with the test, having spent so much time with it. Now I can discipline myself and get some serious studying done over the next few months, as I've got some free time on my hands. Granted, probably not as much as I'd spend if I did a course, but all those extra hours might not be of much benefit to me. Anyway, if someone familiar with the course materials or my situation could comment, I'd appreciate it.

I agree with fox.  if u are scoring high consistently, just concentrate on your shortcomings and take the test in october.  why wait until dec?  the earlier you apply, the better!  ps. the LGB is awesome!

arc87

• View Profile
    • ScenarioSolver
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2004, 12:13:47 PM »
If your scoring in the 170s without practicing.  I would suggest that you drink beer until Sept 23 and take 2 practice tests.  Then go in on OCt 2nd.

gooooooo

• 3.67, OCT. 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2004, 03:19:53 PM »
You'd be throwing your money away if you took a prep course.

wstaffor

• 3.35/174
    • AOL Instant Messenger - WillyRayCyrus06
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2004, 05:04:15 PM »
Definitely pointless. I'm in the same situation, a prep course's techniques could probably only hurt at this point.

thinknpositive

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2004, 05:22:00 PM »
Definitely pointless. I'm in the same situation, a prep course's techniques could probably only hurt at this point.

yeah for real, if your own techniques are getting you scores in the low 170's, chances are their techniques will mess you up.  Just stick to what works.