Law School Discussion

requesting fee waivers

kree

• View Profile
requesting fee waivers
« on: November 26, 2005, 11:18:57 PM »
I know most schools allow fee waivers for applicants whose lsat/other fees were waived. And many schools send fee waivers to selected applicants to encourage them to apply.

Has anyone had any success requesting fee waivers?
There are a few schools that I would like to apply to but simply don't have the money (I've already spent over $700 on lsac fees). My numbers are above their averages, if not significantly above.

Bradzwest Returns

Re: requesting fee waivers
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 11:53:47 PM »
Just e-mail/call and ask.  Most schools have either paperwork or just honor the request.  My only experience has been asking T2 T3 and T4 school...but got 7 out of the 8 free.

Re: requesting fee waivers
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 12:02:04 AM »
Yup, in my experience, all schools but NYU have their own fee waiver app, independent of the LSAC waiver.  I just called my schools and asked and most emailed the fee waiver app as soon as I got off the phone (UCLA sent it by snail mail).  I did, however, got every one that I asked for.  If you can't afford it, but want to apply, you should call. It's a lot of money, but there are lots of opportunities to get around it if you can prove financial need (i.e. show school fin aide letter, your income taxes (not one school asked for my parents income taxes), FAFSA, etc.).  Good luck!