Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What to Bring on Test Day???  (Read 936 times)

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
What to Bring on Test Day???
« on: July 09, 2004, 09:06:17 PM »
1) I registed online, I printed out a LSAT admission ticket (Actually, I printed 3 copies just in case).  I will be finger printed on the ticket at the test center, but should I sign it at the center or sign it before arriving?

2) Driver's license, Several pencils, a watch, eraser.

3) There are several different opions about bringing a bookpack containing drinks and snacks??  What do you guys think? 

4) Anything else that I might be missing? 

nathanielmark

Re: What to Bring on Test Day???
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 09:09:18 PM »
vaseline, duct tape, paper towels

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 10:24:01 PM »
Check your ticket a couple days before the test. Some times they change time or location.
Don't forget to bring your brain.  I'm told you'll need that. 
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

lexylit

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 10:38:06 PM »
a fat blunt?

mancow555

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 10:52:09 PM »

TheDecline

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2004, 10:57:27 PM »
1) I registed online, I printed out a LSAT admission ticket (Actually, I printed 3 copies just in case).  I will be finger printed on the ticket at the test center, but should I sign it at the center or sign it before arriving?

2) Driver's license, Several pencils, a watch, eraser.

3) There are several different opions about bringing a bookpack containing drinks and snacks??  What do you guys think? 

4) Anything else that I might be missing? 

I took a backpack with the usual stuff as well as a snack, water, and a jacket

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2004, 02:27:04 AM »
Jacket is definitely a good idea, although you Minnesotans are used to the cold.  I've lived in SoCal my entire life, so 65 F is freezing :o)

Take a mini pack of Kleenex just in case too.

Also, I would buy a timer if I were you, instead of using a watch, so you don't have to calculate how much time is life.  There's a whole thread about timers on this board:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,4530.0.html

If you do decide to buy a timer, don't forget to cut the sound cords or otherwise silence the timer.  I'm really paranoid, so I also took along my tiny little screw driver in case the cords moved around inside the timer and ended up touching again, which would make them beep.  I also took along extra batteries just in case the brand new ones I had just put in died.

I had to park in a lot that charges for parking, although they opened the gates so you could just leave after the LSAT for free.  In case yours doesn't do that, make sure you have a couple bucks with you for parking.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

flecktone

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2004, 04:54:23 PM »
Don't forget highlighters - they're allowed.

untouchableface

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2004, 05:01:09 PM »
You may want to make sure that you'll be at a test center with adequate desk space. If you find out that you'll be in a lecture hall with flip top desks, I've heard you're allowed to bring in a small board to give yourself more room to work.  You might feel stupid carrying it, but if you need it by all means do it.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2004, 01:07:06 AM »
If you're going to be at a test center with inadequate desk space, CHANGE YOUR REGISTRATION.  Do not just bring a board.  You should have a full desk.  Check this website for test center ratings:

http://www.kaptest.com/repository/templates/ArticleInitDroplet.jhtml?_relPath=/repository/content/HF_Pages/HF_test_sites.html

I disagree with using highlighters.  Just underline with a pencil; it saves less time because you don't have to switch back and forth.  The passages are so short that it's not like you won't be able to see what you underlined.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?