Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: masturbation  (Read 8596 times)

NorthwoodV

• View Profile
Re: masturbation
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2004, 08:33:02 PM »
Do not put masturbation in your PS.

Teachers may all be liberal, but the right wing has conspired to dominate admissions committees and refuse entry to blacks, gays, and people that have and/or talk about sex.

You could still send it to Berkeley, the electrical perimeter is still active and preventing conservatives from entering the county.

To all the other schools, write about federalism.

exposť

• Sr. Citizen
  • honey, i'm home...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2004, 08:34:34 PM »
Oookay, let's just say you're right.  And, you're right about masturbation!!  But, please capitalize Fenway Park even if you are a lower case poster.

:D let's you & i be friends

Ha, ha.  Damn right, Lex.  And, I think I'll go watch a couple of DVD's in my BVD'S.  How'm I doin' now? ;D

lexylit

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2004, 08:38:22 PM »
Quote from: wanderer link=topic=4730.msg55555#msg55555 How'm I doin' now? ;D
[quote

niiiiiice

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2004, 08:39:54 PM »
As far as I know it's not the wording they are lookng for.  They are looking at why you want to study law and why at their school, and any challenge you had to overcome. If you have to ask people you don't know, then that should tell you it's not worth it.  One word does not an essay make.  However, one word, could destroy an essay.  I was always taught to keep it on the safe side when in doubt.  Shock value, although that is not what you are doing, and it may be perceived as such by the adcomms, is not advisable.  Play it safe.  Your smart enough to write an awesome essay without one word, or two (transvestism) ruining it.  Although if you had helped a person overcome his addiction to masturbation, then that is a totally different story.   

"When ever you feel like masturbating, look at a picture of swifty, that will calm your
urges."  ;)
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

exposť

• Sr. Citizen
  • honey, i'm home...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2004, 08:45:12 PM »
Damn, and I thought I was goin' crazy.  Thanks for coming along, Swifty. 8)

dta

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2004, 09:54:54 PM »
Assigning the term Jackoff's to *persons* is the same usage as Smith's, Wilson's, etc.  Any rationalization to the contrary is coming from one who intellectualizes using "masturbation" in her PS. 

right. all of those are wrong. sorry, i hereby promise not to takl grammar on this board ever again.

If they are wrong, then please provide the plural form for "jackoff" when used as a noun. Merely saying that jackoff's is incorrect is not convincing.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2004, 09:56:38 PM »
Jackoffs.  Just like how the plural of bird is birds.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

dta

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2004, 09:59:01 PM »
Jackoffs.  Just like how the plural of bird is birds.

Actually, that looks correct. Here's an interesting twist though. What if the nound is not condensed? That is, what if "jack off" is used as two words but indicating a single entity? Which, then, of the following would be correct?

1. You jack off's are being so silly.

or

2. You jack offs are being so silly.

The original usage, which lexylit objected to, involved this sort of use of "jack off" as a noun. That is, it was used as two-word designation of a single entity, not a single-word designation ala jackoff.

Yes, arguing about grammar is silly. But if one is going to be clever and witty and use grammar naziism to come off as sophisticated then one ought to be prepared for a battle of nitpicking.

exposť

• Sr. Citizen
  • honey, i'm home...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2004, 10:26:11 PM »
I dished out a lotta *&^% about using "masturbation" in a PS (and Montauk would shiver), so I guess I had it coming back to me in the form of an apostrophe. :o

lexylit

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2004, 10:34:37 PM »
arguing about grammar is silly. But if one is going to be clever and witty and use grammar naziism to come off as sophisticated then one ought to be prepared for a battle of nitpicking.

IT WAS A JOKE!

the joke was, they'll love you for calling them jackoffs, they just won't love your punctuation choices.

did you really think that was sincere?