Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Multiple Addenda?  (Read 769 times)

dta

Multiple Addenda?
« on: July 09, 2004, 05:05:45 PM »
Suppose one has 2-3 issues one wishes to discuss in an addenda, say - low LSAT score and a gap between 2 academic degrees. Does one write a separate addendum for each issue or combine all issues into one addendum?

NorthwoodV

• View Profile
Re: Multiple Addenda?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 05:19:29 PM »
Each needs to be seperate.

Make them as short and to the point as possible.

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 05:21:49 PM »
how are you gonna explain your low lsat score.  which actually isn't really that low at all.  does everyone and their mother explain their "low" lsat score.  does anyone just have the score sent to the school and then not comment on it?

dta

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 06:11:19 PM »
Well, i'm just going to tell them the truth. My low LSAT score points out a legitimate issue w/ respect to my abilities. There are a vast range of failings a low LSAT score could indicate, some worse than others. I believe there are worse failings than the one pinpointed by my low LSAT score. I plan to make a short, cogent argument in this regard.

dta

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 06:12:17 PM »
Each needs to be seperate.

Make them as short and to the point as possible.

You sure? It seems like a one page addendum broken into 3 short sections would be more convenient and appropriate.

smujd2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • January 6, 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2004, 05:04:10 PM »
I would just write one statement integrating all of the issues.  You'll save time, and save the admissions people a big headache trying to keep up with all of that paper. But have a theme linking all the issues - though these may seem like problems, they have actually strengthened my commitment to law - or something or other.  Maybe something not so cheesy - I hope you get the idea.
smujd2007 is now an Attorney at Law!