Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Questions: School Supplies and Study Methods  (Read 828 times)

GA_Kristi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Whittier Law School Class of 2007
    • View Profile
    • Email
Questions: School Supplies and Study Methods
« on: July 09, 2004, 05:04:31 PM »
This is more for current students than new students, but thought I'd post it here as well since the Students & Graduates board doesn't get much traffic:

I'm playing around doing some online shopping, buying the obvious like highlighters and legal pads.  I got to thinking about what else I might need as far as school supplies go...

I'm a very organized person, maybe overly organized.  I plan on typing all my class notes, briefs, outlines, etc.  However, I like to have something tangible in front of me, not just on the screen.  Would it make sense to get a binder for each class and print my briefs, notes, etc. and put them into a binder for each class?  It seems if you were in class and needed to refer back to something from another day it would be easier to flip back in your binder than try and open old files on the computer.  What have you all done?

Also, I've read all the threads about programs like StoreLaw and Case Ace and all.  I've decided to go the Microsoft Word route for now.  Instead of opening a new file for each day's class notes, would it make more sense to just have one large file for each class and start a new page each day?  That way it would all be in one document and you wouldn't have to have multiple documents open.  What methods have some of you used?

Thanks in advance!
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious." - Vince Lombardi

GA_Kristi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Whittier Law School Class of 2007
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Questions: School Supplies and Study Methods
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 05:18:22 PM »
Like I said, I posted it there as well.  Experience tells me, however, that there are fewer posters on that board and answers take much longer.  Figured it couldn't hurt to post it here too  :)
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious." - Vince Lombardi