Law School Discussion

Guess Your Decision?

Steve Butabi

• and I was like "EMILIOOOO!"
    • View Profile
Re: Guess Your Decision?
« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2005, 07:29:29 AM »
3.54? 163? northwestern FULL scholarship?

I don't mean to be a naysayer...but, um.....'nay.'

skaiserbrown

« Reply #131 on: December 02, 2005, 10:40:53 AM »
the triangle is like a little slice of northeastern liberalism in NC. it's pretty awesome, and the fact that it exists makes it possible for me to even consider duke.

no longer winter, lil'?

2Lacoste

• Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 02, 2005, 11:51:17 AM »
Penn -- Rejection
Michigan -- Acceptance, Half-Tuition

why do you go from rejection at penn to acceptance w/ half-tuition at michigan?  do you estimate that their admissions criteria are really so vastly divergent? 

Good question -- I say that because I have no idea how the admissions work at Penn.  However, I have been recruited "kinda" for U-M.  Because of the Truman, minority status, and an acquaintance who is a key fundraiser at U-M and my undergraduate college, I am pretty confident about U-M.  But again, I know nothing about Penn's admissions criteria.

Thanks

2Lacoste

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 02, 2005, 11:54:29 AM »
I think the biggest problem is that he seems to think Michigan, UVA, and NW are more likely to give out money than Emory, Duke, GW and Vandy.

I think this because of my Truman.  Michigan has "recruited" me in subtle ways.  So has the University of Virginia -- Dean Trujillo travelled to nowhere-land to visit me and the other 2005 Trumans last spring.  He saw me debate another Truman, and gave me a fee waiver on the spot.  Since then I've kept in contact with him and he's very serious about making sure all my materials are in and are in on time.  So I have my fingers crossed for UVA, since it's my first choice.

Northwestern gives a FULL-TUITION scholarship to any Truman Scholar who attends.  Nay-say all you want, the interview went wonderfully.

Thanks

2Lacoste

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2005, 12:20:15 PM »
Thanks.  But hey -- If I'm wrong and I get tons of money from some other people, more power to me!  Good luck with everything to you too!

L19

skaiserbrown

« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2005, 01:34:58 PM »
i kinda want to be in a big big city. and not a huge midwest fan.

hence no ND or WUSTL etc.

Steve Butabi

• and I was like "EMILIOOOO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 02, 2005, 03:01:18 PM »
i kinda want to be in a big big city. and not a huge midwest fan.

hence no ND or WUSTL etc.

st.louis isn't a big city now?

skaiserbrown

« Reply #137 on: December 02, 2005, 08:40:53 PM »
i said big big, and by that i mean national level city. NYC/Chicago/LA/DC/Boston class.

(and if anyone says that boston isn't a big big city, it's like the 10th largest metropolitan area in the country, and way more important economically and culturally than dallas, houston, atlanta and detroit which are slightly larger in size)

firant

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #138 on: December 03, 2005, 02:48:25 AM »
st.louis isn't a big city now?

No.

But that's hardly a bad thing. Last night I got another e-mail from my college administration about a crime on campus. This time some poor grad-student had a guy show up at her appartment, he got in by giving her some line about being a new tennent that needed to use the phone,  he tied her up, tossed her in the closet, and ranksacked her place. While he was busy going through her jewelry, she got loose and got out. She called the cops, but he got away.

Ah the joys of living in Chicago.

« Reply #139 on: December 03, 2005, 05:21:57 AM »
Groundhog (I'm predicting a 167 for you, nothing personal. feel free to prove me wrong :) )
Berkeley - Accepted

Seems pretty personal to me.  ;)

But I have to say, that would be quite disappointing to get a 170 cold and after studying do 3 points worse.

At least I've got a shot at Berkeley, and I would be happy if I got in there and nowhere else.