Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone apply for Fall 2006 yet?  (Read 3088 times)

phooey

Re: Anyone apply for Fall 2006 yet?
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2006, 01:00:33 AM »
Hey, congrats to you.  I'd love to get into UW, but it's not likely for me.  Any idea where you'll go?

pass36

• Sr. Citizen
  • But it looks good on you!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2006, 01:05:42 AM »
Thanks! 

Short answer - no idea.  I probably won't decide until April.

jashdey

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2006, 02:35:48 AM »
Congrats to everyone who's heard good news.

I applied at the end of Dec, but didn't go complete until the end of January due to a deadbeat recommender (garh).  I'm going to be traveling for the second half of this month, so part of me wants to hear something beforehand, and part of me hopes I don't, since then the adcoms might bethen at least thinking about me. :)

GrayArea

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2006, 08:18:05 PM »
dear lsatflunkie:

your story sounds much like mine, except I'm 47! Back in the day, I had a 3.83 GPA, and like you, I just took the Kaplan class and the Feb06 LSAT. I too, always hit in the low 150s on the prep tests (with a renegage 158 thrown in, possibly from over-caffeination or a moment of clarity). I have no idea how I did on the exam, except it felt about the same... although I think I did better on the LRs, I completely checked out to some other planet on sec 1 games (test panic?)

I have to say I'm dissappointed--I really thought I catch on a little better than I did during the Kaplan course. So I held off on sending out applications to see what the score is (chicken!!!). I'm glad I found this forum to restore some faith--it's great to hear all your stories and that the adcomm's do take more into account for us than mere numbers! I was planning on applying to a new law school opening nearby in fall 06. They are looking for mid 150s+. I even entertained the thought that if I scored well, I might pull up the tent spikes and expand my sights. I am completely OK with the original plan though. Anyway, lsatflunkie, I am right there with you, and will include you in my prayers.

Best of luck to all of you and special congrats to phooey!

GwenK

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2006, 11:34:13 AM »
I have applied to only two schools - I need to stay in my region (house, husband with job, family, etc.) So, the two on my list were SUNY Buffalo and Syracuse. I have a meeting with the Dean of Admin. at SUNY next week - it's my first choice (price, location, etc.)

phooey

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2006, 12:57:22 PM »
Waitlisted at University of Washington.  Hmmm...

I would wet my pants if I got off the waitlist, but I'm happy going to SU too, so I'm a happy lady either way.  Guess I'll leave my hat in the ring at UW just in case.