Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone apply for Fall 2006 yet?  (Read 3009 times)

mobo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone apply for Fall 2006 yet?
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2005, 05:20:40 AM »
all 26 of my apps are in and complete, most have been for about a month i think. (i need to double check on one that i have let slide).

In:               Iowa (today - my first acceptance...woo hoo!)
Deferred:  Georgetown

fyi - i take the deferral at gtown and the iowa yes as a HUGE sign that they have actually read my application and are considering soft factors. i saw a good number of people get rejected from gtown with much stronger numbers than i have, and all the iowa admits (as of tonight) have a 3.75 gpa and up. since i am a splitter in addition to being a non-trad, i have a 15 year old 2.83 ugpa to overcome. (whoa. seriously.)

so take heart, adcomms DO read the apps, and what you say matters.

upNdown

• Sr. Citizen
  • My favorite bike - cheap, ugly, heavy, and fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2005, 09:38:03 AM »
all 26 of my apps are in and complete, most have been for about a month i think. (i need to double check on one that i have let slide).

In:               Iowa (today - my first acceptance...woo hoo!)
Deferred:  Georgetown

fyi - i take the deferral at gtown and the iowa yes as a HUGE sign that they have actually read my application and are considering soft factors. i saw a good number of people get rejected from gtown with much stronger numbers than i have, and all the iowa admits (as of tonight) have a 3.75 gpa and up. since i am a splitter in addition to being a non-trad, i have a 15 year old 2.83 ugpa to overcome. (whoa. seriously.)

so take heart, adcomms DO read the apps, and what you say matters.

I agree.  I have yet to see anybody accepted anywhere with a GPA as low as mine.  I'm sure they'd have laughed at me if I applied 10 years ago.  So yeah, they're reading the apps. 
GPA - 2.095 (It was a long time ago and I wasn't trying.)
LSAT - 161

In - Suffolk, New England School of Law
Out - BC, Northeastern
Pending - Nothing pending . . . now what?

mobo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2005, 01:08:52 PM »
it is nice to hear the same from someone else! so many posts on this site focus only on the numbers, and i can understand that since they are an easy equalizer to point to...plus it is hard to accept that some schools may or may not accept you based on who you are - who wants to be rejected for that?? it is easier to accept being rejected based on a number...and much more satisfying to get and acceptance based on who you are. ;)

phooey

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2005, 12:42:16 AM »
congrats to both of you!

phooey

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2006, 01:50:56 PM »
any more news?

phooey

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2006, 06:48:27 PM »
Decision mailed 2/6 for Seattle University (saw it on the admission status check online): God, it could be in the mail when I get home.  My tummy hurts.

lsatflunkie

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2006, 12:11:43 PM »
Good luck phooey- let us know!

I've only applied to one law school.  I work full time, have a 5 yr old in Kindergarten, a husband, house, etc....  The only school I can go to is local. 

I have 3.91 gpa, took the Feb lsat and I'm being realistic about it though. I've never scored above a 150, with kaplan course and that's what I need to get into the school I applied to.  However, I've heard that with a 3.91, being a non-traditional student (I'll be 39 next month), having 14 years experience in the legal field, a very strong, unique personal statement- that I still have a chance-  what do you all think?

Pray for me- it's been my dream for more than 10 years!  I need prayer! lol

Good luck everyone! ;D

phooey

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2006, 10:26:34 PM »
Nothing yet.  I live in the same city, how long does it take!  Damn postal service.  The fact that it was sent Monday and still isn't here is making me a little paranoid.

I applied to two schools, both in my town.  Moving is out of the question for me so I really need good news.  Hope it comes tomorrow!

Good luck to everyone else too!

phooey

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2006, 12:38:48 AM »
The news came today and it's great news!  In at Seattle University with $8,000 per year Trustee scholarship.
Woot! 

pass36

• Sr. Citizen
  • But it looks good on you!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2006, 12:42:55 AM »
Congrats Phooey!

This non-trad is in at U.W. and NYU so far.