Law School Discussion

"Awesome/Great" LORs and PS

Re: "Awesome/Great" LORs and PS
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2005, 11:31:28 PM »
Do most people think they have great personal statements? I'm just curious.

snikrep

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2005, 11:41:38 PM »

I felt mine was spectacular... just because I felt like I was able to get across "who" I am, and that was my number 1 goal.  As far as whether they'll like me, well, that's the scary part :P.

Law2k6

• U.Va. Law, J.D. 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2005, 04:58:14 PM »

I haven't read a lot of others, but I think mine is a solid A. The first couple versions I sent out weren't (doh!). But, after months of working on it and many revisions, re-writes, and brutal (but good) suggestions from my "editors," I feel like it's a strong PS. That said, who knows? All I can really say is that it's one of my better pieces of writing.

pandabones

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2005, 05:08:40 PM »
Andy, the dean from Georgetown, wrote on my acceptance letter that he liked my PS.  That makes me believe it is pretty good, but he could be saying that to everyone.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2005, 07:17:52 AM »

I honestly really like my PS, but I don't think it's outstanding or anything.  I think that if my numbers are good enough it'll say to the adcomm "this person isn't so boring or inarticulate that you should reject her in spite of numbers."  But I don't think it says "this person is so amazing that you'd let her in even if both #'s were below your 25% line" or anything.