Law School Discussion

"Applied mid-Novemeber and we don't give a f-ck" Club

Re: "Applied mid-Novemeber and we don't give a f-ck" Club
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2005, 08:18:23 AM »
The irony of this thread is hilarious, anything before thanksgiving is early (except for obvious ed)

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2005, 08:20:45 AM »
Yeah, being on this board I feel like I'm one of the only people who hasn't sent everything in yet. That's what I get for surrounding myself with overacheivers!

Admissions Commitees take vacations for Thanksgiving and then for the winter holidays. In between all this they look at those who submit before Thanksgiving. Those who submit after are undoubtedly left for January review. Not necessarily a bad thing, BUT you have to wait longer to hear back. Your chances are also slightly diminished. Like Dean Cornblatt told us during a visit: "If a room is empty and you come knocking, I will be inclined to let you in. Once the seats start filling up and you come knocking, I am going to be inclined to not let you in."

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2005, 09:17:26 AM »
I like this club--submitted my apps between October 30 and yesterday. No one's going to look at my apps yet anyhow cause my second recommender hasn't gotten his form back (but is due to any day now).

All I have left is NYU, but I'm beginning to think I'm never going to write this scholarship essay and should just hit send. I'm really borderline to get in there anyway, so scholarship chances seem pretty slim. Thoughts?

JPhilmore

• This actually is me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2005, 09:30:09 AM »
I like this club--submitted my apps between October 30 and yesterday. No one's going to look at my apps yet anyhow cause my second recommender hasn't gotten his form back (but is due to any day now).

All I have left is NYU, but I'm beginning to think I'm never going to write this scholarship essay and should just hit send. I'm really borderline to get in there anyway, so scholarship chances seem pretty slim. Thoughts?

I don't know about the scholarship thing, but you have a pretty solid shot of getting in.

gosox

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2005, 09:53:40 AM »
if you're applyin in mid-november, you give a f*ck

tsol

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2005, 10:11:47 AM »

Ha ha ! My thoughts are that I am in the exact same situation as you. I sent in my apps between the 30th and today, and my last one was NYU this morning! I also was putting off NYU just because of that scholarship. Which one are you applying for? I almost didn't apply for it because of the extra essay, lame, right? But such is the life of a "slacker" mid-november applicant.  ;)

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2005, 10:29:53 AM »

Ha ha ! My thoughts are that I am in the exact same situation as you. I sent in my apps between the 30th and today, and my last one was NYU this morning! I also was putting off NYU just because of that scholarship. Which one are you applying for? I almost didn't apply for it because of the extra essay, lame, right? But such is the life of a "slacker" mid-november applicant.  ;)

lol so true. I was going for the IP one. But my personal statement addresses my interest in it partially, though I'd be going into more depth for the scholarship. I suppose I should just suck it up and do it today.

tsol

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2005, 10:38:32 AM »

lol so true. I was going for the IP one. But my personal statement addresses my interest in it partially, though I'd be going into more depth for the scholarship. I suppose I should just suck it up and do it today.

i had the same problem: my personal statement addressed my interest in doing gov't/public interest law. so, i just went further in depth and was more specific. just do it today ... it's only law school

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2005, 01:34:03 PM »

My scholarship letter delayed by app by about a week. I was actually going to apply for 2, but realized that I would never apply at all if that was the case. My PS and scholarship letter also addressed the same thing, Which scholarship are you applying for?

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2005, 01:42:44 PM »
I just sent out about 20 apps in November, I guess that is what happens when you have an average GPA and low LSAT, I am just hoping to get in a Tier 3. :-X