Law School Discussion

"Applied mid-Novemeber and we don't give a f-ck" Club

Re: "Applied mid-Novemeber and we don't give a f-ck" Club
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2005, 07:22:57 AM »
I'll be lucky if I can get all of my apps in this month. I've only sent out two so far, last week. This is what I get for procrastinating about the PS for so long.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2005, 07:29:21 AM »
It's certainly not "Apply by September 10 or Die", but not everyone who applied earlier believes that.

And I wouldn't be nearly so obsessive if my job weren't so dull.

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2005, 07:34:14 AM »

Nicely put. Although I had planned on having them in by mid October, I took the extra month to perfect the materials. Losing one month in the application process is well worth the significant improvement in the quality of my applications. This board is just one more distraction from the anxious waiting.

Cheers to the mid-November club.
Best of luck to all.

Yeah, my situtation was the same. I figured that better beats earlier. I wonder though if people do submit prematurely due to all this fear of applying late.

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2005, 07:42:49 AM »
It's certainly not "Apply by September 10 or Die", but not everyone who applied earlier believes that.

Su, you get honorary status in this club. Without your help I would be applying in mid-January.

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2005, 07:47:49 AM »
Mid-November is still pretty darn early.  Only about a third of the people who are going to apply get their apps in that early.  The people who really don't give a F apply in late January.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2005, 07:57:08 AM »

Su, you get honorary status in this club. Without your help I would be applying in mid-January.

Yay!   ;D

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2005, 08:08:22 AM »

Nicely put. Although I had planned on having them in by mid October, I took the extra month to perfect the materials. Losing one month in the application process is well worth the significant improvement in the quality of my applications. This board is just one more distraction from the anxious waiting.

Best of luck to all.

Yeah, my situtation was the same. I figured that better beats earlier. I wonder though if people do submit prematurely due to all this fear of applying late.

Yea some of the ones with deadlines I met have an addendum and PS conclusion that is relatively poor compared to those items on the applications with which I took my time. Take your time fools!!! Make sure your *&^% is perfect because some schools don't accept corrections or replacements.

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2005, 08:10:01 AM »

Best of luck to all.

Yea some of the ones with deadlines I met have an addendum and PS conclusion that is relatively poor compared to those items on the applications with which I took my time. Take your time fools!!! Make sure your sh*t is perfect because some schools don't accept corrections or replacements.

I actually read an articl;e by a dean of admissions who said that it is pretty obvious to them who is applying early for the sake of it and sacrificing their application. It seams like you can;t rush a good PS.

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2005, 08:14:44 AM »

I second that....

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2005, 08:15:10 AM »
Yeah, being on this board I feel like I'm one of the only people who hasn't sent everything in yet. That's what I get for surrounding myself with overacheivers!