Roll call...

RocketBot

Re: "Applied mid-Novemeber and we don't give a f-ck" Club
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 11:38:48 PM »
AKA *DING* CLUB AM I RITE?*

*jk :-*

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 11:46:25 PM »
if you really didn't "give a f-ck," you wouldn't be on this board!

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 11:58:37 PM »
if you really didn't "give a f-ck," you wouldn't be on this board!

It's not that I don't give a @#!* about law school. I'm just not as wound up as everyone about applying early.

Dirt McGirt

• I love Meg White.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 12:09:56 AM »
Bruce would be proud.

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 12:42:43 AM »
Well, it'll be interesting to monitor your progress then...but you realize that if you get dinged like crazy, creating a thread like this just sets yourself up for ridicule, right?

Are you serious? As long as I don't get "dinged" by Fordham I'll be happy. Beside, look at LSN. There are tons of people who apply late with borderline stats who get accepted places.

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 01:08:36 AM »
Yah, I mean, obviously we care... it's not that we're just totally noncommitted to the whole process.  But - and this is just the opinion of an occassional browser - the level of obsession on this board is out of control!  Most people here have amazing numbers and ECs, and will get into at least one really fantastic law school.  So all the analysis and trying to guess who's going to get in where and trying to guess when which school is going to send out what kind of letter in what size envelope... it's a little unnecessary.  I understand it's a hobby and the most important thing in our lives right now.  But I think the o.p. has a good point with this thread.  It's not "Apply by September 10 or Die", and sometimes I think that's one of the realities people on this board forget.

:-* What a beautifully sane and reasoned response for LSD. Mazeltov...

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 01:24:49 AM »
i've been going crazy with these apps because i'm unemployed and have nothing better to do all day than check my email. now that i start work on wednesday, 2 things can happen: either it will take my mind off law school and i'll start to enjoy my life again, or i'll be fired for checking my email too much.

im fairly sure the latter will happen.

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 07:18:58 AM »
Yah, I mean, obviously we care... it's not that we're just totally noncommitted to the whole process.  But - and this is just the opinion of an occassional browser - the level of obsession on this board is out of control!  Most people here have amazing numbers and ECs, and will get into at least one really fantastic law school.  So all the analysis and trying to guess who's going to get in where and trying to guess when which school is going to send out what kind of letter in what size envelope... it's a little unnecessary.  I understand it's a hobby and the most important thing in our lives right now.  But I think the o.p. has a good point with this thread.  It's not "Apply by September 10 or Die", and sometimes I think that's one of the realities people on this board forget.

Nicely put. Although I had planned on having them in by mid October, I took the extra month to perfect the materials. Losing one month in the application process is well worth the significant improvement in the quality of my applications. This board is just one more distraction from the anxious waiting.

Cheers to the mid-November club.
Best of luck to all.

SCgrad

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2005, 07:21:57 AM »
F-ck, there's a f-cking club for every f-cking thing in the f-cking world! F-ck that f-ck!