Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: bad credit loans  (Read 786 times)

kastet

• View Profile
    • Email
bad credit loans
« on: July 08, 2004, 09:35:33 PM »
 Hey everyone. My credit isnt that good, but I need to get loans for law school this year. I have a cosigner with awesome credit that is willing to sign for me. I did some research and I know that I need to go through a lender that allows for the borrower(me) and the cosigner to apply at the same time. [lenders like citibank,nallie mae allow that; access group doesnt]. I am still worried that I may not get the loans. Did anyone have a situation like that or similar, and if so can anyone for any reason recommend a lender that will be more lenient with such a situation.

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
Re: bad credit loans
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 10:27:22 PM »
Your best bet is to go with your co-signer's banking institution.  If the co-signer has equity in their home, you can get a real low rate.  However, I would not recommend mortgaging a home to pay for law school. 
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

barchk

• View Profile
Re: bad credit loans
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 11:09:03 PM »
I'm in the exact same boat.  I got my loan through Nellie Mae with no problems once I added my father as a co-signer (and he's retired).  You shouldn't have any trouble.