Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: School Specific Evaluation Forms  (Read 2346 times)

dta

Re: School Specific Evaluation Forms
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2004, 01:17:57 AM »
Given my numbers, it's embarrassing i'm even looking at Harvard. But what the heck - i'm applying to plenty of safety schools and maybe my Personal Statement will impress someone at Harvard. Anyway - thanks for not laughing!  ;)

swagger

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Swagger008
    • View Profile
    • LSN for stats
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2004, 01:23:49 AM »
No worries, dta, lots of us are making the same leap.  You never know.

newy

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2004, 09:41:54 AM »
You've gotta have some faith that the adcomms actually care about your PS.  Good luck to you.

Bisquick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2004, 01:39:07 AM »
I just noticed UChicago has their own form, but it actually said somewhere in the directions that they prefer LSDAS letters.
3.8/155

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2004, 12:09:10 AM »
I have a 3.8 from a top 50 ug and a 177 on my lsat.  I'm applying to schools ranked 1-6 plus Boalt.  I think all (correct me if I'm wrong) of these schools have their own recommendation form.  Basically, I'm asking if my numbers are good enough that I can skip this formality.  Or do you think it's not worth risking it with these schools? 

Thanks for your input you guys, I appreciate it.

Your numbers allow you many options for great schools.  Don't waste those numbers by getting a bit lazy or frustrated about a particular schools process.  Absolutley positively, without a doubt, do what the schools want.  As for the safety schools, if you have any, Greens advice seems logical. 
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

nonobvious

• Sr. Citizen
  • 167/3.66
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2004, 05:58:45 PM »
Most of the schools that have their own seem perfectly happy to accept them via LSAC. Only SLS says it "strongly prefers" that recommenders use its form. I think what would really make a difference is if a recommender wrote something specific to that school (eg, that person has a connection to HLS or can talk knowledgably about how you might fit with their specific program), but for most places I doubt going through LSAC will hurt you.
"Flying is simple. You just throw yourself at the ground and miss."